• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woops, I broke it!

jvrotter

Well, when I got my M1009, it had no tailgate glass, so while waiting to get some I was clearing up all the broken pebbles of glass, etc. I was checking the operation of the hand crank and somehow broke this piece. Looks like a bar lock to prevent the tailgate from opening until the window is completely down. Checked both LMC and another source and can't find any referance to it. Anybody know where I could order this part? Its a plastic tube that contols the metal rod. It bolts to the inside frame of the tailgate.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Its a spring there is one on each side to assist lowering and raising the gate. They run along the bottom of the gate they twist and build tension as you lower the gate.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

check LMC or classic truck..... they have the parts if I remember correctly.
Also looks like the spring isn't broken just the mounts/clamps????

or do the junk yard thing

Mikey90744

check LMC or classic truck..... they have the parts if I remember correctly.
Also looks like the spring isn't broken just the mounts/clamps????

or do the junk yard thing

as long as they take standard K5 parts nothing special for the military, LMC has almost everything needed like that

OL AG '89

there is nothing "special" on the 09, that can't be procured from either GM dealer or aftermarket suppliers.
It's painted camo, but it just a civvy K5 painted camo.

jvrotter

Yes, its just the plastic mount that broke. Maybe I'm blind but I checked the tailgate section of LMC and don't see that particular part. If someone can find it please give me the part number.

badassissimo

Been hunting myself for an electric setup. I found electric rollers for the doors but haven't found one for the back glass. I'm curious if I need to get the whole tailgate because it dam near takes two hands to crank it up and down. Not sure if I can just grease it...

Blood_of_Tyrants

Been hunting myself for an electric setup. I found electric rollers for the doors but haven't found one for the back glass. I'm curious if I need to get the whole tailgate because it dam near takes two hands to crank it up and down. Not sure if I can just grease it...
Sounds like it needs lubrication. My back window rolled up and down easily after I greased everything inside the tailgate.

joediveguy

Well, when I got my M1009, it had no tailgate glass, so while waiting to get some I was clearing up all the broken pebbles of glass, etc. I was checking the operation of the hand crank and somehow broke this piece. Looks like a bar lock to prevent the tailgate from opening until the window is completely down. Checked both LMC and another source and can't find any referance to it. Anybody know where I could order this part? Its a plastic tube that contols the metal rod. It bolts to the inside frame of the tailgate.

Toss it in the trash and forget about it. The only purpose it serves it to keep a private, or housewife, from dropping the tailgate with the window open. As long as you remember to roll the window all the way down before opening the tailgate you will be good. Save your money!

Anubis8472

there is nothing "special" on the 09, that can't be procured from either GM dealer or aftermarket suppliers.
It's painted camo, but it just a civvy K5 painted camo.

Sure most of it is the same, but you still need to check because there are differences. Springs/sending units/CDR's/seats etc.
Whether you consider them 'special' or not, there are parts not found on civvy k-5's.

In any event I don't think being 'painted camo' has anything to do with the part in question. It looks to be a difficult part to get a hold of for any 25 year old vehicle.

Is your disgust for '09's in general?
Or that the OP had the nerve to ask about this in a MV forum?

Here on the east coast Ive seen both the electric and man. in two yards the past few days, but did see more electric. glass is rare because without the batterys in truck people just smash the window to get at the motors!

ryan77

You dont need that part anyway!!! If your to stupid to roll the window down all the way before opening tailgate you shouldn't have a blazer!! Im in the process of doing a electric tailgate on mine, Bring a dewalt battery to junk yard cut the harness out of tailgate and jump it with the batt to roll the window down!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks