• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Work in Progress M35A3

Dustyh

Just thought I would share a few pictures of my local Volunteer Fire Departments newest work in progress. Next job is to get it painted. It has allready been put to use on a 4,000 acre grass fire about a month ago and it worked great. It may take it a while to get were it is goin but when it gets there you can sure do some good with it.
100_0548.jpg

100_0549.jpg

100_0550.jpg

100_0552.jpg

Stan Leschert

Just great! Now I have to join the Fire Dept!
That is a seriously mean truck. I hope that it serves you well.
Just remember, that the junior crew member has to carry the video cam, we want to see that beast working for a living!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Truck looks good! How and where is the tube mounted behind the cab? Does any of it attach to the frame or is it all on sheet metal?

Skycop

Sa-weet! We are in the process of installing lights and decals (within the next two weeks) on our -A3 and I will have photos of it posted then too! Glad to see these things still working for a living here in Texas! We gave our -A2 to Bergheim VFD for use as a brush truck. I will have to send them your photos!

Last edited:

Skycop

That looks AWESOME!!!!! We haven't put the decals and lights on ours yet as we are waiting for the budget to finish up with the extra money (yea right!). We did get our Go Light mounted on the convoy pole and it works great!!! I would highly suggest one as it can be controlled in the cab or via remote from the back.

That truck looks tough!

Happyland1410

Wow! That turned out great. [thumbzup]

We finally put our Volunteer Fire Department's A3 in service a couple of weeks ago but we still have work to do on it. I'm afraid it won't ever look as nice as your truck. I need to get some new photos of it this week. I will post them as long as no one laughs and tries to compare it to your truck. ;)

Update: here are the pictures I took today of our A3

Attachments

Last edited:

Dustyh

Looks good, hope these are good trucks and we don't have trouble keeping them going. Ours has performed great so far, I really do like the automatic trany.

Dustyh

Forgot to mention that if anyone needs CTIS parts let me know we will be taking all that off. Also anyone needing cargo covers, bows and troop seats they will also be for sale.