• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working the 816

Crash_AF

I unloaded the CUCV from the trailer today with the 816. After some repositioning to get the '09 closer so it wouldn't swing into the wrecker and the wrecker so the feet would sit flat, everything went pretty smoothly.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just one of the Joys of having a wrecker. I just can't imagine life in the MV hobby without one anymore. Looks great! I would have just hooked the hook under the top, looks like the military did that already.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Must.........buy...........wrecker..... :drool:

Coveralls

What are you using for straps? Did you make them yourself, or did you buy them commercially? That is one thing I don't have, is the matching straps and rigging to do the job right.

Crash_AF

Those straps are 20' 18K rated nylon tow straps. I'm looking for some true sling straps, but I haven't gotten any yet. Luckily, my 816 came with those big 24k lb clevises that are connecting the straps to the hook.

I didn't go through the roof because I didn't want chance the truck slipping on the straps because of the weight difference between the nose and tail. Once the truck is stripped to just a body and frame, I'll probably loop the chains through the door openings and lift it that way since the engine won't be weighing the nose down. This one is the runner of the two (believe it or not).

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks