• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Worlds largest civilian move of tactical Military vehicles.

hoopsoft

Too far away, it would be interesting though. So how far are they being moved, I skimmed through that I may have missed it?

I'm glad I don't have to buy the gas for this process, wow.

Numbers

"Warrior Patriot Resources, Inc. is being established to select, recruit and train Wounded Warriors chosen from the Special Operations Units of the United States military. This includes Navy Seals, Green Berets, Marine Recon and Army Special Forces, among others. The end result will provide meaningful employment on a permanent basis for these Warriors."

Selective employment of only the Special Operations branches ? Something does not sound quite right. Sorry to be such a pain but if I was to donate my time it would be to an organization that provided help to all not just some. The VA already offers to train (for "all" disabled veterans) and send to school of their choice (a fully accredited college).

M1075

For this many vehicles, I would seriously consider towing 2 or 3 at a time, depending on the distance and route chosen. If I was local, I would bring over some M911s and help get er done. Good luck!

OshkoshJay

Banned
You must have noticed the project that involves risk management. That just happened to be where many of our initial leaders and much of our early inspiration came from. One of our first projects utilized their skill base. Now many from multiple skill sets are participating with us. As you may know Wreckerman is one of those multiple talent individuals. In addition to his diverse intellect skill set, he both pushes the pen and pulls the cables. Those who work at the VA have provided referrals and we are discussing future projects with the VA and others. Thanks for taking time to read up on us and Hope this gives insight to your query. Any place you see helping, you're welcome.

Numbers

We have all seen "Veterans" support groups come and go. There are so many gullible people that are suckers for anyone claiming to be a Veteran asking for money for this or that organization. Makes getting help that much more difficult for Veterans that actually need help. If more people ask questions and "examine" those Veteran groups claiming to help Veterans then we will be able to slowly weed out those who are in it for themselves and/or their group and not the Veterans as a whole. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Key leaders from WPR have worked with VA Voccational Rehabilitation Services on my behalf. I am rated at 50% and my job options are limited.

There are a lot of good, well meaning folks in the VA but they are very slow and depend on funding for their programs from the congressional budget.

Case in point: The new GI bill for myself and other Prior Service vets that were mobilzed as Reservists or National Guard members.

That bill was approved years ago but was just funded......August is the soonest anyone can attend training and receive a check.

Thanks to WPR I have been doing a job I enjoy and receive pay for my efforts.

I just received an email from VA that said they are "still working my employment issue with WPR". Well meaning but SLOOOOOOOW.

WPR took it on faith that at some point in time they will have a VA training program that will assist others like me.

This operation in Mississippi will be a opportunity to have "boots on the ground" to refurbish these vehicles and raise funds for the continuing operation of all WPR programs.
It will offer this training to all Wounded Warriors.
At this point in time I cannot divulge all of the programs we are persuing but there are opportunities at Shelby that have great potiential.

Numbers

Thanks Wreckerman, sounds like it did benefit you. Good deal. Would like to know more, can you provide me with a "registration number" of this non-profit organization? Thanks.

In regards to Vocrehab, are they funding the training with WPR or is WPR funding this out of their pocket? Usually, Vocrehab is very specific on what kind of training they will put funds into. In case you could not tell, I am a beneficiary of the VA system. I went in their offices and in two days was approved for funding. Most of the people that are in fact certifiably disabled (evaluated with percentage attached) that I have met in the VA system are not experiencing any difficulty getting the help they "need" (but may be experiencing trouble getting the help they "want"). One exception may be those with PTSD and other various mental disorders (in regards to proper medical care and funding for that care).

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
first it was a wed now it seams like a friday. WM shout me a pm with some more info. i might could go on a friday as im off

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Numbers, I will forward your request to the home office.

I am Public Affairs Officer for the Shelby site.

Tim, the operation will be spread over several days due to the number of vehicles, we decided that Friday would be the optimum day for "media day" to allow news groups to make arrangements to cover the event.
Volunteers are on their own schedule since they know when they can make it.
Any help will be appreciated.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just get Alredneck to do it in one or two loads? :)

I hope Gulfway and the other classic/historic insurers aren't reading this thread - you might have the largest collection of improperly and uninsured vehicles assembled to help. Good luck!

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just get Alredneck to do it in one or two loads? :)

I hope Gulfway and the other classic/historic insurers aren't reading this thread - you might have the largest collection of improperly and uninsured vehicles assembled to help. Good luck!

Surely, they are commercially insured and licensed, for such an activity.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surely, they are commercially insured and licensed, for such an activity.
I have no doubt WM's folks are. After several days of reading threads here I'm wondering if all the volunteers who respond because of the original post will be. No worries - Get er Done!

M813A1

Hello Wreckerman !! I and a couple guys are muddling it around in our heads about running down there from OKC. ?? We have a few qusetions ?? How many trucks are left to move ?? How many hours is GL open ?? How many Tow vehicles is there ?? How many days needed to get the trucks ?? How many turns per truck are have been figured in a day ?? How many miles to the drop off and back ?? Do you have support vehicles for break downs ?? Any additional Info would be helpful !! Thanks !!

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Wreckerman !! I and a couple guys are muddling it around in our heads about running down there from OKC. ?? We have a few qusetions ?? How many trucks are left to move ?? How many hours is GL open ?? How many Tow vehicles is there ?? How many days needed to get the trucks ?? How many turns per truck are have been figured in a day ?? How many miles to the drop off and back ?? Do you have support vehicles for break downs ?? Any additional Info would be helpful !! Thanks !!
Post # 4 answers these questions mostly.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
M81....most of your questions are addressed if you read the whole thread.

We have support vehicles that will be staged in case of breakdown or other issues.

Coodination has been made with the Shelby authorities and it should be a smooth operation. They had a practice last week that went very well.

WildWolfman

hmm, I could take leave, did promise the wife a adventure of some sort this year :) how about room/boarding for members flying in? any bases nearby or even a hotel willing to accommodate/ lower rates for the event? A neat 1 of a lifetime event! could we use a MV instead of a rental car? just curious!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
To all of those who have volunteered to come to Camp Shelby we appreciate your willingness to assist us with this rescue recovery. The PMs and direct mails have been overwhelming.
However, we have just received the long range weather forecast and it indicates the probability of rain off an on during the week.
Therefore we have decided to postpone the move and get back in the queue. We must look at this from a safety point of view since our route includes many traffic controls, lots of sharp turns (difficult for a towed vehicle) and roads that are dirt or gravel.
In addition we have several loads of vehicles coming in from other locations this week and don’t want a conflict. Once the weather clears and we reschedule with Government Liquidation, we will make a re-contact and continue our plan.
Again, it has been very humbling the outpouring of support. Thanks from all the “boots on the ground” at Camp Shelby.