• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Worth 10k USD?

Elwenil

No, it's a Hungarian csepsel 4cyl diesel engine.

It weighs 7.5 tons. The seller says it is all there and with a little work can be made to run again. It's been sitting for a few years, so he says. For 4k gbp he said he'd paint it and get it running.

It's a Czechoslovakian OT-65, their own version of the BRDM2.

Just a few notes, the OT-65 is based off of the Hungarian FUG, which was based loosely on the BRDM. They look a lot a like but the FUG (and OT-65) have the Csepel engine mounted in the rear, while he BRDM2 has a GAZ engine mounted a little forward and the FUG has dual water jets for amphibious use and the BRDM2 only has one.

LanceRobson

I know a guy who makes his living buying motor homes in the US and Canada and shipping them to Europe. When we talked he thought his broker could be very competitive with MV shipping costs.

If you want me to dig up his card, give me a PM. I think it's in my desk.

Lance

OldGoat

I would believe 4k was a near figure on shipping. I shipped a 70 Austin Mini, & it ran. They call the shipping, roll on on, roll off . That monster is going to be hard to move, since it doesn't run.

rockman

IT would make a great project. What about parts and getting them here? I suspect that your might be the only one. Would a ferret be a better choice?

Pretty cool though...

kcimb

I know a guy who makes his living buying motor homes in the US and Canada and shipping them to Europe. When we talked he thought his broker could be very competitive with MV shipping costs.

If you want me to dig up his card, give me a PM. I think it's in my desk.

Lance
I'm sitting at 6500$ that's coming in a few short weeks. I have until this summer to raise 11k$, and that's compromising a little.

Not including transport fees and port fees from Galveston to DFW.

grounded

Banned
i know someone that has a tractor/trailer that may be able to help ya move it from Galveston to DFW area. hes outta Galveston. if you get close and need some help let me know ill see if he can help or even hold it for you for time being

kcimb

No idea about parts, but if I can get it here and the opportunity arises I'd like to re-engine it with a cummins 4bt or some sort of domestic run of the mill gas v8.

hot rod deuce

I think your price on shipping is reasonalbe if he will take care of it. There are alot of things that can pop up along the way.

You will need form 6's from the ATF and and and export permit from where it is.

Be VERY VERY VERY careful with people "over there" trust no one.

I can give you some help with the whole deal if you like. I have imported most of my vehicles my self. 3 FV-432's, A Saracen, A ferret, A FV-433 Abott SPG. And what ever else is in the shed I forgot about. The rest were found in the USA.

kcimb

I think your price on shipping is reasonalbe if he will take care of it. There are alot of things that can pop up along the way.

You will need form 6's from the ATF and and and export permit from where it is.

Be VERY VERY VERY careful with people "over there" trust no one.

I can give you some help with the whole deal if you like. I have imported most of my vehicles my self. 3 FV-432's, A Saracen, A ferret, A FV-433 Abott SPG. And what ever else is in the shed I forgot about. The rest were found in the USA.
I would love an fv432 or a Saracen (or Saladin) but the funds aren't there right now. I'll stick to soviet stuff until then.

hot rod deuce

You should be able to find a saracen for under 20K in the USA. Jack Munday had one down in Missisppi for around 12 I think a year or two ago. It needed work but ran.

kcimb

You should be able to find a saracen for under 20K in the USA. Jack Munday had one down in Missisppi for around 12 I think a year or two ago. It needed work but ran.
Mmm. I always miss the good deals. I did find a partially restored mk1 ferret in S. Florida though, 7500$. Needed a lot of work, had been primered and painted but left out in the open for several years.

kcimb

The seller is Duncan Nicholson, FWIW.

There's an ex-hong kong Saracen on Milweb in the UK...3500$ GBP. Tanks-a-lot.co.uk has Saracens from 4k to 6500, FV432s for the same.

Last edited:

hot rod deuce

Watch out for nicky of Tanks A Lot. He likes to play games. His web site is way out of date too, when it comes to the sales page. Nick offers NO help. you need to figure it out your self. BE Boys is one of the best.

kcimb

Watch out for nicky of Tanks A Lot. He likes to play games. His web site is way out of date too, when it comes to the sales page. Nick offers NO help. you need to figure it out your self. BE Boys is one of the best.
Roger that HRD. I emailed them, didn't hear a response though. They don't seem to be big onto sales. I LIKE their tracked russian artillery though.

Www.tanksforsale.co.uk ?

Duncan Nicholson wants 5k GBP for the ot65, I'd like to talk him down to 4000.

hot rod deuce

GBP, its 1.49 now. so its only 7500 plus shipping. Be VERY VERY carefull trying to "talk him down" I dont this duncan guy so I cant say for sure SOME of them just make it up some where else. They will just take a short cut or "forget" to put some thing on the vehicle.

Last edited:

kcimb

Vehicle is 10,000 Euros. Paying for the first 25% in 2 weeks. That will get the vehicle from Hungary to the UK and refurbishment started, then the last 75% before the vehicle ships.

Craigster

I am researching the FV432 as well. Has anyone dealt with Marcus Glenn? I know these can be had in the US, however it seems the prices are a little high. I have seen advertised for 42-47 K here, but for sale in the UK as low as 7-9 UK dollars. I would imagine if you can get a good vehicle it is the cheaper route to to. 15-18 K , 4K to ship, and I would still be able to buy a spare engine, for that matter I could have 2 432s for that the 46K price. All info is appreciated. I have been researching the FV432 for about 2 months now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks