• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wot start acts like out of fuel

tourdog

well here i go first question heres the seen played in mud and water pit got stuck got pulled out alls good drove home went to start truck two days later to wash it all good started right up after two glow plug cycles run on hi for mintune then died so turn it over and over wont fire put 10 gal of fuel in had wife tun over while bleed filter alls good fired up great off we go now if it sits hour or so act like out of fuel just turs over and over give a shot of ether fires instally so is there a check valve or something am tired of this thought runing it it would come out of this but 400 miles later every day for week still same would like ideas truck is 85 m1010 26500 miles on it so what is going on

tomc

Have a similar problem. Drove it home from AL in the spring and have been working on it (sort of, been rather busy with honey due things) over the summer and now want to get it on the road. replaced the fuel filter and the pressure switch and still seems not to get fuel. Should I break a line to one of the injectors to see if fuel is reaching there? Also still have an electrical problem will post there.

Tom in TN

tourdog

well boys i did last weekend finding my no start promble it turned out to the glow pug relay it was clicking and every thing light come on and all but no power coming out finlily had time to check thing out by pass relay cycle key two times fired like summer tried it day later samething so put new relay in allswell it happend that it went just after playing with truck so was looking in allthe wrong places so try that with simple test light had power to but none comeing out of relay

tomc

Tried to charge up both batteries today. As soon as the glow plugs started to heat up it seemed that the relay became too hot to touch. Is this normal? Kille the batteries at the same time.

SmokeyDod

NO . Sounds like the resistor on firewall may not be reducing volts from 24 down to 12 & less to the glow plugs. Use volt meter -set it on 200 DC volts and ck when you turn switch on & hear the solonoid click volts should read 24+ for a sec or two then go down to 12v or less. If its not doing this the resistor could be burned out and possibly the solo & GP could be burned out also. Check volts first & reply.
Smokey SC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks