• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would Like to Remote Start an MEP 831A

Lostranger

I'm still having wet weather issues with my MEP 831A, but the situation is much improved since I installed a different inverter which was provided by the guy who sold me the generator. I'm to the point where I can use it, and I need to.

This machine will power a harness, tack, and general leather shop I'm building inside a 16' step van. The generator will be mounted outside the truck, but I'd like to start/stop it from the inside. I'd love for someone who knows what's involved to steer me in the right direction. The first thing I think of would be finding or making an extension cable to mount the control panel inside the truck. I don't know if that's feasible. I would settle for being able to parallel the start/stop switch on the panel with a second switch inside the truck. Maybe someone has a still better idea.

In any case, I need more info before I can proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim in NC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks