• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

would this heater work in a deuce

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the same core/blower for the M151. It is a 20k BTU unit. The std deuce heater is 30k BTU. If you are NOT in a very cold area, it will work good for defroster and a cab warmer. If you live where it gets butt cold, it might not work so good for you. If you decide to get one of these, you'll still need ducting, cables, switches, etc. I know where there are new kits for the M151 with everything including all the above mentioned stuff with all the hardware. All still in the box.
Yes, It is 24VDC.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like any hot water heater, you have to make sure your coolant gets hot. Those are good little heaters. I like them mounted on the inside of the firewall above the passengers feet. Winers was offering them at the $45 price not long ago!

ncduece

i just installed this heater in my deuce i mounted it on the trans hump with the outlet pointed toward the drivers side. it works great here in nc

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there a way to hook up some defroster ducts on these? I find here in the South I need a defroster more than a heater....... and I loathe the "correct' heater for all the room it takes up under the hood.

Thanks

C

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It's been a while since I saw a J.C. Whitney catalog but I seem to remember that they had a lot of heavy duty electric heater/defroster units at one time.
I think some of them even mounted on the firewall and had ducts.
As Clinto said, I usually need a defroster more than a heater...especially when it is raining.