• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you agree this is what flood damage looks like?

dittle

If it was silt I would expect to find in on every horizontal surface around the engine bay, not just where it is. I think Stalwart is pretty good on his guess.

jmh4x4

I'm thinking the same thing, a little oil leak, a recently plowed field, and you got dust all over your truck

I would think that if it had flooded there would be a silt line across the firewall

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When in the Army, all our engines looked like that when they weren't washed if they had been driven in the dirt. There is always an oil film on an engine that dust adheres to.

todds112

I agree, dust sticking to a oil/greasy engine. Vehicles I have seen recovered from ponds and rivers have an even coating of slimmy dark mud/silt everywhere. Usually lots vegitative matter (twigs, grass) lodged everywhere too.

Last edited:

tm america

.looks like dust on oil to me .flood damage is on the inside of things not on the outside,if it were submerged it would hav rust in the diffs, trans and motor.water lines on the inside of doors or underside of dash would let you know how deep the water got. other than that these trucks are mud trucks and get dirty . condition is rarely known on a deuce as they have many different drivers and situations they have been in . whos to say if fluids were changed or not .if the engine or trans was changed after it was submerged or not.:?:

saddamsnightmare

January 22nd, 2010.

GreenJeepster:

I could show you pictures of ConRail diesels that looked like that all over the cabs, hoods, and bodies, except it would be iron oxide dust from being around the steel mills. Most deuces worked in dry areas will have dust deposits like that, unless the crew has washed the engine bay out. What I would do is check the AC element to see if there is evidence of mud there, not dust. If there is mud in the AC then the engines been hydrolocked. Just my .02 for what its worth,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)