• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you pay $17,000.00 for a M1009?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You might want to pull off the ebay link before a MOD gives you a time out. Not allowed to post ebay or any auction links.

But in a word....N O.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice rig, but nope. And there's a few things in the listing that are completely wrong.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were perfect and original maybe but not butchered up with a list of things wrong with it in the ad.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I'm starting the auction at $17,000....."
Good luck with that, fair chance it will end with that unmet.

That's more money than I have invested in three 5-tons, two M1009s and a slew of trailers. So no.

Cheers

tim292stro

Found it even with the link removed... wow.

I could have forgiven the seller if it was a typo where they were asking for $1700...

Funny that he/she think they will get anywhere near what they put into it, and then be partially honest with themselves to say that they'll knock off some money for the things that need to be repaired. Sounds like denial is still dominant in their thinking... or maybe the better half has made some demands. :burn:

To the credit of the builder the interior is pretty nice, but even I saw things I couldn't live with at $17K. Having recently bought a M1009 from Mississippi, and having it shipped out to California - I can't reconcile the price at all. I paid about 12K less for a runner in decent shape.

However, the biggest error I saw was listing it as "smog exempt" - that is not even 1% accurate in California - if you do an engine change, you need to notify the DMV here that you've done so (doubt the seller did), which requires a BAR referee inspection and sign-off and a BAR sticker in the door column. CARB has some specific requirements for what must occur during an engine change:

1. Donor engine must be a California emissions engine. (can't use a Florida emissions engine in a California emissions truck)
  2. Donor engine must have been available in the weight class you are transferring to. (can't put a DT466 into a CUCV, fun as that might be...)
  3. Donor engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle you are transferring to. (can't put in a 1969 smog exempt engine into a Prius... yeah, fun as that might be :jumpin:)
  4. All emissions equipment from the donor vehicle must be transferred over to vehicle you are transferring to. (can't mix and match from multiple vehicles, or engine systems - no Cummins diesel catalytic converter on a Honda Accord)

You then need to meet the SMOG requirements for the donor vehicle's model year for a GAS engine... Which means it will need to pass SMOG... :rules:

That CUCV is a land mine strapped to a claymore inside a bunker-buster for the buyer IMHO. I'd be surprised if it sold for any more than $3K...

MarcusOReallyus

I'll bet he's one of those people I see on Craigslist trying to sell the walnut tree in his front yard for $10,000. You know, because the wood is so valuable for furniture.

Yes, seriously. I have seen that ad.

sandcobra164

I've had some strong offers on this truck, many of you on here but never 17,000. It won MV of the Month in May this year. It's all original save for a radio install, a 12V resistor bypass and some AC60G glowplugs and it's still on the original tires. Next week it will be tearing up some trails in Durhamtown with his biggest fan, Briggs. People post stuff on that website for serious money on occasion. Last I looked, nobody made an offer so it's safe for now.

Attachments

KansasBobcat

Looking at all the modifcations I believe that the owner has a lot in this truck, especially if he paid a shop to do the work. This is a custom truck and not a restoration. A special buyer would need to want all these changes. Something to keep in mind if we stray too far from the original. Just stating the obvious...

Artisan

That's nothing compared to many other MV's on Ebay...

Just do a search for MILITARY TRUCK, then drill down using
the PRICE +SHIPPING, HIGHEST FIRST function from
the drop down menu.

Catering to the wealthy whom have more $ then cents can
be lucrative I bet, myself, I prefer to sleep WELL at night so
ripping people off, I am not capable of.

BUT, ignorance is bliss too!

You never KNOW what's up till YOU know.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's nothing compared to many other MV's on Ebay...

Just do a search for MILITARY TRUCK, then drill down using
the PRICE +SHIPPING, HIGHEST FIRST function from
the drop down menu.

Did that and got a hard attack; 1.5 MILLION for a HEMTT... :shock: :shock: ...wtf ...

then I saw that @#$#%@ ebay had automatically changed the currency to my local Czech Crowns. Hate it when they do that.

Saw several mistakes in the naming of MVs there as well. And the prices are beyond discussing.

Edit: even model trucks are well over a grand :shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited:

Assel

Well over here in Germany there are 2 expensive M1009s, one is about 17k € and the other one asks 20K€ ... first one is all original and in decent shape (new paint etc.) the 2nd one has the K30 Axles and a winch. (but that one has been on the list for about 4 yrs or so...)

Also there is a company which imports CUCV´s , they start at ~12k for a Runner with new inspection. The more you want in it (higher, new paint, axleswap etc.) the more expensive it gets...

I bought mine from a private person, paid much less and had new inspection & runs great.. oh and for taxe reasons its welded into a Pickup (still looking forward to install a M1008 bench & window :whistle:)

If you have patience you could buy 2-3 really nice CUCVs for that price over here ...

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, I have a nice original M1009 from Ft. Sill that would be a bargain for $14,995 compared to a modified one. I could probably find you some ocean front property in OK to go with it!