• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar

twa@ezdn.net

My 4" lift will be in this Friday so I need to order my tires. I can pick up the Goodyears for $199.00 each, for 33x12.5x15. Size wise I think it will be a good fit for the lift and stock rear end. Are they all they say thay are? Ye or Na?
Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say Yea.

I have a set on a 3/4 4x4 Suburban I just drove back from Las Vegas to OKC.

They rode great on the highway. Not too much noise. The reviews I have read are mostly positve.

steved454

the truck in my picture had 4 1/2 inch lift with 35 inch tires , plenty of room under it, I usually put 33 inch tires on these model trucks with a 2 1/2 inch, You have room to go taller

twa@ezdn.net

I am new to the truck (three weeks) and probably should pull the diff cover and axels to see how thay are but my thinking is they are ok so I plan to stay stock.
doing my research here it seems the bigger tires can start to create problems.
I do plan to add cooling to the tx because of the M101a2 to be towed camping.

Thanks

twa@ezdn.net

My 12 year old and this sight almost have me convinced I know nothing!
I will order the Goodyears.

Any one in the Tidewater area of VA that needs a 31x10.5x15 I will have some soon.
(1 Goodyear wrangler is in new condition, make a great spare)

Thanks

wikallen

I run 33x12.5 Kelvars on my Bronco out it Arizona, and have had them for just over a year. Excellent tire for offroad. I run about 15 psi on rock, and they take the abuse. I am extremely happy with the tire. I used to run a cheap AT tire, and in one week I cut 3 tire sidewalls on rock while offroad. So far the only thing that has bothered my MTRs is a nail I picked up driving back to AZ from Vegas.

I would not buy them if you are mostly on road. Also, if you do not like white letters, make sure you order them without. You will not be able to put the white letters on the inside as the tire has an asymmetric tread, so it specifies an outside and inside sidewall.

199 a tire is a great price for those. May I ask who is selling them at that price?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks