• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker accessory

m816 someday

Here are some pics of a catwalk and ladder I made - hope you all like it.

robert

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it, it looks very functional. The fold up and away is Brillant!!!!!!!!!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I like it too but, what did they do to your operator's bucket?! It shouldn't be even with the side like that.

Just noticed its a 543, nevermind. I thought you had an M62.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

I can dig it. That is sweet. Have oyu thought about producing a few for wrecker owners? I don't mean a giant batch, but maybe a set or two. Great job, thanks for sharing.

jatonka

I use my M543A2 very often and for extended periods of time, that said, I think you are brilliant. Getting up and down 25 times a day really sucks, your setup would be perfect for me. Rather than pirating yours, would you PM me about maybe building and selling me one? John Tennis

m816

Great job,walking along the side rail especialy when it is raining or snowing always concerned me. Now more than ever as we all age, your mod should be a requirement for all wreckers. The fold up is genius. Like JT said, I wouldn't want to pirate your invention, would you consider making a few for sale?.The wrecker here is owned by a crippled goat who would really like to get behind the controls by himself.:)

m816

All that is needed now is a grab bar or two on the operator cab so you have something to hold on to as ya climb in. I can't stop looking at it. It really is impressive.

jatonka

816 Someday met me at Aberdeen to deliver my new Catwalk. It is better than the pictures by a mile. Locks up in storage position with one pin that you reach from the ground, lower catwalk, un stow the ladder and set it's brace into the lift cable guide on the lower edge of wrecker body and you are in business. About 15 seconds. After you set the ladder you unstow the 2 grab rails and drop them in their sockets and set the snap pins in them and up you go. About another 15 seconds. It is the best wrecker modification I have ever seen.

He brought 3 more of them over on Saturday morning and all 3 sold in about 2 hours.

I painted mine Semi Gloss OD tonight and will mount it tomorrow. It even has tow rails so you know where the edges are. I am really glad Robert decided to make these. JT

338lapua09

I seen this mod. mounted at Aberdeen and it is a very clean design..and stows away nice an neat..

If I had a wrecker this would be my first upgrade..

paradeduty

Excellent design and application! Simple, Quick, Useful, Time Saving, and such a Safety Aid! This would also make it a little more feasible for junior or another onlooker at a show or something who might want to check out sitting in the operators station (obviously, still with due caution - but much, much better).

Last edited:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I was under the impression that the M936 didn't have stake pockets, not sure why I was under that impression, but now that we got ours home I see that it does and I really like what you have come up with for moving around more safely on the deck, I would like to do something along the same lines as you did, if that is ok. I don't want to steal your idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks