• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker at home, but it wasnt cheap

steelandcanvas

i really like the truck, but my wife is a little upset with the entire thing right now.
jim

MV-101, First Lesson...Do not tell Wifey anything negative about your vehicles. Do not look upset or swear if you are looking at MV while Wifey is present. Do not open wallet and roll eyes while Wifey is present. Practice the words: "It's just a fuse Honey", "a new filter will fix that", and "I can get another one of those, no problem". I know this because the first time she sat in the Deuce intent on going for a short ride, it hydrostatic locked as I tried to start it and made a big mess. $1400 later my Deuce is functional again, and I do have a very understanding wife.[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Multifuel for sure. Get it nice an cleaned up and light it to see exactly where its coming from, we can go from there.

dburt

You might check with Alex at Idaho Motor Pool, he might have a towbar for sale. Go to www.idahomotorpool.com and get his phone number, he is a good guy. My wife tolerates my M35, but did say that if we ever get another MV, she would like a Humvee since she saw Alex's up at IMP. Moral of the story- either buy your wife a Humvee (if you can afford it) or don't let her see one or know that they are available. Since you are in the shaky state, tell her it will be good for the post-big quake survival era. My wife is from down in the LA area, and that is the reasoning I would use on her!

drjconley

i have the engine torn down to the exhaust and intake manifolds that are still bolted to the two separate heads. do i have to take off the manifolds, or can i lift the entire thing with a gantry crane. if i can lift it, are there any specific places i should lift from. also the last six bolts holding the heads on are the bolts under the injectors, what is the easiest way of getting those off. i think i need a new tool.
thanks for all the help.
jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Doc, you have an M62A2 there or an M62 converted to multifuel. You could pull both cylinder heads together as a unit but to put it back together right, the heads need to be installed individually for proper gasket compression during torquing. I've been tempted to take that shortcut but eveyone I've done I planned on keeping so took the extra step.