• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Color? Which One do You Like???

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wrecker looks like it was painted 3-4 years ago by the NC State Police in three color camo, they did a poor job, there is surface rust on most of the painted areas? Maybe no primer or a poor one? Anyway I am going to repaint which do you like the camo or the OD?
James G.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do prefer late model 383 Carc over the earlier OD

AMGeneral

Ok,gonna interject my 2cents here,I'd go with the FS 595A standard 24087 semi-gloss OD and the all white markings and stars.True it doesn't stand out as much,but the truck stands out from modern day MVs.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the 24087 semi-gloss OD I got from Rapco. I got a case of the rattle cans to try out the color. My son really likes the OD, and the white stars would be good looking! And I already have a 715 Contact Maintenance Truck (6217) in camo along with its tools trailer.
James G.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wrecker is getting 34052 if I ever paint it. Even have the paint. We'll see what it looks like when done.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends upon the period you are trying to represent. If you want to represent current vehicles, you can do no better than 686A tan CARC. Not everyone likes the tan trucks, but your truck will be current looking and it will stand out from the huge number of camo deuces and 5 tons at every show. With that said, I am having my 1989 M925A2 painted 3 color CARC right now...but that is only because there is another 1991 M925A2 waiting for a new 686A tan CARC paint job. Another idea is to paint your truck solid 383 CARC green with black rims...that would look really sharp, too!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camo, 3-color. You're gonna have to blast or wire wheel it down to bare metal, prime then paint it, to get rid of that surface rust.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
As Bruce said - it depends on what era you are trying to represent, and from there, what you intend to do with the truck. Solid tan or three color NATO camo will likely attract much less attention from motor vehicle enforcement - if there are no other mods and the operator isn't wearing blaze orange.

On the other hand, at shows, folks tend to think current looking vehicles are government property, and as taxpayers they are entitled to climb in/on/over/under and through them.

Best wishes,
David

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I for one have been thinking over the painting issue on my trucks and wearing ACU's all day now for over a year I am toying with trying to make one of them ACU digital. Reproducing the squares to size should be a fairly straightforward project and the fun of getting it right would be rewarding. Not that an M 816 or M 543 was ever concieved in ACU days but it would be an unique look in ACU.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem we have with the desert is it gets really dirty and does not come clean.

halftrack

I am suprised no one has mentioned the 70's asn 80' s post Vietnam 4 color camo pattern. If you ask me, that was the best color scheme of all -- desert, jungle, or woodland 4 color pattern--- they all looked good.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Mine still has the Woodland Four Color pattern. The pattern colors are stringy and long compared to the modern specs which have are more rounded and have greater coverage. I think every paint scheme and style looks good. I will have the same problem when I repaint.

As vehicle condition and appearance increases...harrassment from authority decreases.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks