• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker count

WHAT WRECKER DO YOU HAVE

• M60

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M108

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • M62

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • M543

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • M816

Votes: 71 38.2%
  • M246

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M819

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • M936

Votes: 49 26.3%
  • Other Wreckers

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • K-Booms

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ALL MILITARY OWNED WRECKERS, your swing boom autocar would also count as it is a type of tractor wrecker, post your other and let me know what the "others" need to be added and I will get the poll undated, thank you

PS, Just my OPINION, but your M1A1, and the swing boom Autocar would look better in my drive way

One more thing, PLEASE post some PICs of these SUPER trucks so I can really :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So 73m819, what do we count the "crane thingys" as?

I have assigned XM109CT as the M# for for mine. Not much of a wrecker I guess...without a winch.aua

Attachments

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
we count the 108 bomb handling crane which some WRONGLY call a wrecker, so would the XM109CT and other K-BOOMS be the 108 replacement as a bomb handling crane and in turn also be wrongly called a wrecker, it most likely could recover anything the 108 could recover (not much). The Canadians DID have a recovery deuce with a K-boom based on the 135/211.

This is a tough call, should I get the WRECKER POLL redone, adding a section for K-booms, or just add to others, or not count K-booms, any thoughts PLEASE

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PB, counted your XM109CT in the K-BOOM slot, guess the poll is wideing out a bit, when I first started this poll, I had NO idea it would progress as it has, THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR HELPING

Last edited:

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ron,

So I finally figured I would throw in my vote...... My 816 is now officially counted......

Ziggy

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Coldwarrior,

Everything is going great out here------ however, most days I haven't been getting to bed before 2am on account of all the stuff that needs to be done. For a few weeks now I have been preoccupied with updating wiring to current NEC specs as well as servicing and prepping my trucks for the winter months...... It's strange out here in that my perception of time seems to have been turned on its head-- what would seem like a week in Jersey only seems like a day or two here..... I like it though and only regret that I did not evacuate from the east years earlier......... My next big project now before the snows come is to get a 50' pine in the front yard decked out with Christmas lights (once there is snow on the ground, I wont be able to get the manlift in there)........Well, I'm off to grab chow.........

Ziggy

paradeduty

Hey Ron,

I see you have added K-Boom MHC's to the Poll List - But I have already entered the M984A1 (HEMTT Wrecker) so it will not let me do others. Under the K-Boom heading, I also have the HMTT 5-ton prototype with a HIAB and the M1074 PLS with a Grove. I see the total is getting up there! Dave.

IRNMN

M62

New piece to the collection, don't know a whole lot about it. Barely ran to get loaded and unloaded, spent a chunk on a carb rebuild kit through "The Carb shop" but didn't get any instructions or exploded view with the kit. Any suggestions, want to put the carb together but don't want it to have flames like it was doing before.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My monthly bump, and update, update
Just in case someone came back from the twilight zone or returned to/from area 52, 53, 54, 69, ect. and was not present to add to the count.

I plan to leave this up for a while, I know it is getting old to some but I know there are more out there. I would like to get a good count of SS wreckers, I know that we have a lot of wreckers in the SS motor pool just to recover all the other vehicles in the motor pool, the SS wrecker count is going UP 1 and 2 at a time

This POLL was not my idea, I asked a certain SSer if he knew how many 246/819s was owned by SSers, his answer was" do a poll", so this wrecker count NEVER ending thread is all ?? fault.

I see that the m62 is now in third place of ownership with the m108 now in forth, the surprise is that the m108 is so high in the count.
I would think the m543 and m936 would be a higher count then thay are.
The K-boom has been added because it was used on CANADIAN recovery vehicles
I know of at lest 3 others that need to be counted, waiting for them to be put up.
Still looking for that ELLUSIVE m60, has to be at least one out there.
The count is up to 107, OVER !00 WOW
Kboom-----------3

For new readers, please go back and read post #1
TKANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR PATIENCES AND HELPING IN THIS PROJECT
WOW - I think this is the sort of thread that could remain open FOREVER. Why stop a good thing?

As long as there are fresh wreckers available and "enlisting" in the SS through Gooberment sales, Private sales, and New Members joining with wreckers in their motorpools - Don't be short-sighted and think this has to someday "end". It is by its very nature a LIVING thread...

Thanks for starting it. It has it's own life to live now.

John

joshuaz223

M543A2 here. won it today and know little about it other than i wanted a wrecker and now i have one. doghead and i will be going up next week to start repairs on it so i will have more info and pics then. winning bid was $4600. which is more than i wanted to spend but less than i expected.

my son said he had never seen his mothers eyes roll as much as when i said i had won the auction.:):)

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks