• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker crane shaft help

Cowlhoods

Does anyone know the procedure to getting the driveshaft loose from the crane torret on M543/816. I need the shaft loose to machine it to fit my pillow blocks/sprockets. It looks like a bunch of ball bearings.
thanks for any help
Patrick

Cowlhoods

thank you. Too bad the sight is down, huh..lol. I googled your TM and found mass info on the maintanance, etc that I can use but not the actual removal of the crane driveline. I pulled the boot and some oil poured out and it looks like 6 or so bolts holding a cage for a ball bearing cv to remove it. Like a automobile CV . We have to remove the shaft and either machine it to 1.25 or ad a section of thick walled pipe and couple it to some 1.25 solid keyed stock for my pillow block and sprocket. I can see my crane operating tomorrow!!
one power beyond fitting from seeing my outriggers and downriggers and sidepuller work. I have the 45k working off the hydraulic conversion and it is awesome. :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks