• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker light bar- odd connections?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got my NOS wrecker light cable in the other day, and it is beautiful!
So tonight, I pulled out my wrecker light bar and tried to hook it up.

Hmmm, seems I have a problem. Not only are the pins not lined up the same, the connection on the bar has 3 round tabs to catch, while the cable has a threaded connection.

Guess I'm going to have to find another cable, or find another light bar/light bar wiring harness with the right plug. I didn't realize there were two types or I would have checked prior to purchasing the cable.

Anyone else run into this issue?wrecker light plug1.jpgwreckerplug.jpg

tcody

If you can't return it replace the plug. The correct one is a LADD HD56-18-8 I think they will loan/rent the crimping tool to you. Good luck.

tcody

Did a little more digging on your cable. I believe it is NSN 6150-01-210-3671, which is listed as a subcomponent of the Howitzer. So I think that is the light cable for towing a howitzer, which would explain the difference in pins on the one end. Hope that clears things up a bit.
tcody