• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Light Bar

jwaller

good score. I was looking at that thing for about 2 weeks. I just couldnt spent 200 on it bc I dont have a wrecker and it didnt have a cable. it's a great buy for you bc you already have both, congrats.

jwaller

Re: RE: Wrecker Light Bar

red devils dude said:
Austin Aviation huh I get all kinds of odd things from him.
yup. me too. I wonder with all the stuff he sells. he says it's not his full time job. that must be one busy guy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Austin has a "real day job" and does the ebay thing on the side. He is a GREAT guy, I have gotten a ton of stuff from him, and I've always been happy. He is also very busy with the whole thing..

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought some great tow bar parts from him in the past. When something wasn't right once, he fixxed it fast! He's an honerable and great guy to deal with. His Ebay Store is always a treasure hunt!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got both of my towing light bars from Austin. One was NOS but had a cracked light and the other one was in fair condition but had a new cable. I'm surely not going to tell you what I paid for mine but it was much less than $200.

emr

I just sold one for 200, they are worth every penny. I heard of someone in maybe vermont who was going to make the correct cable with correct ends, I think John tennis knows who, I would love to get another cable, Randy

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are truly rare, so $200 for a new one is worth every penny to me. My wrecker was pretty well outfitted when I picked it up. Wiffle tree, chains, 3 asorted snatch blocks, Air line, Ground Spades, Ground Support Bars, Relector Set & much more. I was about to start my search for the light bar when I found this by accident. I'm stoked.

Kenny, you scored big time, but I don't think those deals on light bars are out there any more. I figure, if I don't jump on it, someone will beat me to it. If ya snooze, ya loose. But who knows, maybe 100 will show up tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hionestly Kevin, I don't think Austin knew exactly what the market was for them. The NOS one with the broken light set me back $40 and the faor one which had a new cable set me back $75. I sold the fair one without the cable for $40 so I have $75 invested. I've seen them sell for $400 so you did good. I'd certainly pay what you did especially if I had a cable already. So far, how do you like the M816?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, gotta love those kinda deals. I would have had a hard time paying $400.

The XM816 is an awsome machine. I've been so busy I haven't spent much time with it yet. It's got 22,000 miles on it and runs real sweet. I put 2000 of those miles on it driving it home. It got a new CARC paint job in 97, so it looks pretty good too. It has it's bows and canvas for the boom operator. Overall it's in very sound condition, no leaks. Many new parts all over the truck. It was very well cared for. I'll be preparing it for the Phoenix Veterans day Parade in the next couple weeks.

I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and post them.

The M52A2 is getting the most attention right now. New head gaskets and rebuilding the early style Ross power steering later this week. Will be removing the dump bed and reinstallling the 5th wheel, ramps & safety plate soon as well.

comdiver

I really like those lights! It seams like I always need to move something without lights. I am thinking about making a set for that use. Let Uncle Sam do the engineering. Could you take some more descriptive photos. Please include your favorite tape measure also.

Cdub

OUTSTANDING LIGHT BAR............!!!

I knew that having one on a towed vehicle is always a great idea. I didn't know that the military had one they used. I haven't seen anything like it in my five ton TM's........

I would also like to see more of it if you have the time for more pic please.

Thanks,

C'dub

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Light Bars

I have a issue light bar for my 543 but it is 12 volt, Recovery4X4 has seen some reference to it, but I think I am going to invest into some 24 volts bulbs for a conversion.

Attachments

comdiver

RE: Light Bars

Rumplecat, I bet that everyone that looked at that photo tried to figure out how to help you, by getting get rid of that "pile of junk" for you. Cool stuff!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one of the light bars at one of the local NG units that came with a M984A2 wrecker.. Had the same lightbar, but will all TruckLite Omnivolt 12-36V lights.. Was very slick...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks