• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Light Bar

ida34

vtdeucedriver said:
I dont have a light bar for my wrecker but I do have the cable. I also have 2 light set up's for towing artillary. They clamp around the end of the barrel.
We used to have those for your M198 155mm howitzers. Instead we just tied chem lights on end of the tube. They would make a pretty good tow light bar.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So how do these light bars attach to vehicles that don't have bumperettes (i.e. CUCV, M880, etc.).

I am going to build one and I am going to make it dual use civvy-military with dual plugs (7 pin and military 10 pin) and LED multi-voltage lights.

Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my light bar has straps with hooks on the ends, just hook the kooks on something , pull tight, close the latches, rachet tie down strapes would work great

Lars

I recently got my M984a1 "up-armored" and they replaced my towing lights with the omni-volt led set.
I was wondering if anyone has the NSN for the LED headlights from Truck-light?

pevrs114

ida34 said:
vtdeucedriver said:
I dont have a light bar for my wrecker but I do have the cable. I also have 2 light set up's for towing artillary. They clamp around the end of the barrel.
We used to have those for your M198 155mm howitzers. Instead we just tied chem lights on end of the tube. They would make a pretty good tow light bar.
We used the tube lights on the ends of the M198 during non-tactical road travel (off base, etc). On base and in the field we used chem lights at night and nothing during the day.