• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

joeM62

That motor was also a civilian motor back then to so some parts will carry parts for it other than that there are some guys that sell parts for the gasser in MVM.

123mack

I have a take out distributor for sale. I'll look this afternoon, i think that only the points and condenser are missing, which you would probably replace anyway.

5_TON_TOMATOE

RE: Distributor

Hay I have restored a M-62 1957 International R 6602 gasser and could use a distributer or a rebuld kit. Any help ??
Unless yours is worn out, or has been screwed with, you should be able to repair it. I can see about one, and I know there are some civy ones where I got mine, that will fit your truck. PM me with a wish list, and I'll see what I can do-:)

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wife let me pick mine up after she heard that AAA wouldn't bring our M-54 off the road if something happened......... And she heard what the local "recovery companies" get for their road work. I didn't want to tell her there were other ways of getting the bigger trucks home. There is a guy that contacted our "Group"s treasurer, he has four or five running R6602 take-outs, doesn't want to scrap them. I'll probably secure them, one as a spare for my machine, there is a commercial fisherman doing some dike repair work with a military dump, his engine is puking oil, so he'll probably get one too. But the rest will be parts engines. But I found Boyce Equipment has some 6602 parts as well and at really good prices....[thumbzup]

m816

What do you think? Sold mine but I am fortunate enough to convince my friend to leave his ( M 816) in my yard so "we" could restore it. Putting a new clutch in it right now. Should be finished with it soon . It is also getting the paint job it deserves. It sure looks good in the yard. I never get tired of just looking at in front of the shop.

vinnies10

What do you think? Sold mine but I am fortunate enough to convince my friend to leave his ( M 816) in my yard so "we" could restore it. Putting a new clutch in it right now. Should be finished with it soon . It is also getting the paint job it deserves. It sure looks good in the yard. I never get tired of just looking at in front of the shop.
Vince this one

Attachments

1970 XM816, 1971 XM816 and though it doesn't count, a 1971 818 minus the fifth wheel and with a long reach boom added. All used daily.

Sgt. Sam

M-62

Got a M-62 1957 I H Corp. Took over 2 years but everything works ans runs and drives good Got new tires and she is painted vietnam OD withthe correct numbers and stars. Damm proud off her I paint all my army Vehicles army OD. None of that Ugly camo crap.

Sgt Sam

sidsky

owner and user in my recovery bussiness 1984 816 i'll look around most of my pix were 35mm,whata due take a pix of the pix with digital? will that work? anybody.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks