• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker people! Good deal?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
In your case it makes a lot of sense since you have the support and logistics to make it a paying proposition.

If the right deal came along I might get another one since we have 40 acres that need trees cut off them and the crane is an asset in it's self.

Good luck and if you buy it post more pics.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Talked to the guy today. He said everything works on the crane and what not. He has owned it for quite a few years and has put only about 1,000miles on it. Speedo is 35k. Heater works. rear winch was blown up when he bought it so he removed it and still has it and will come with the truck. front winch works as well. He said the tank is full of diesel as well. Thats a 400$ value lol. He has only used it on his property to move trees and for building stuff. He said it is road worthy so I figured this weekend I would cruise over with the wife and check everything out and what not and see what its really about.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is a smoking good deal, which this one may or may not be, it's best to get before someone else does. I've taken off work to buy stuff for fear that someone else would beat me to it. Multiple times I've been just quick enough. Hate to see you wait and have it disappear on you.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the closest airport? I'm gonna offer $5,000 if he'll pick me up.

:driver:

dmetalmiki

Same Question

Did you ever retrieve that wrecker truck? (as it certainly seemed too good to passup)..like others just wondering..let us know.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes i would like the rest of the story.. joe you must be talking about tony with the spare winch. not to far away too. :beer:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I went over and looked at it. It had some rust spots but nothing major other than an oil leak from the oil pan. I was very interested in it. While I was there a logging company showed up to look at it. I was offering the 4500 for it to the guy but the loggers offered him 5,500 for it. I only brought 5k with me so I was out. Cant blame the guy for going to the highest bidder. The crane and all operated fine but wasnt very fast on its operation. The front winch also did not work as it had a broken shaft.:evil:

greenjeepster

I would have politely told the other party they could look at it after I was done. It is only common courtesy. Though sounds to me like you didn't miss out on much.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I know Shelby had a bunch of 936s on the listings. I am waiting though. Malmstrom up here has some 819s up here on the lot. Dont know when they are going to post them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks