• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker rear drag winch

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have tipped over a 70,000 excavator with my rear winch single line, while pulling my truck with a 30,000 lbs tract hoe chained to my front. we were trying to unstuck another large tract hoe out the mississippi coast marsh. so i dont know what he needs to move.

Last edited:

Jim Hunter

Nothing to unstick at the moment...
I was at a yard some days ago to get an Tulsa wrecker 45k winch I won at eBay for a good price and they have an
(Tulsa,PTO and identical design) winch that the 45k looks next to it as a toy...Sadly no camera to take any pics...

Jim

Vintage iron

The big winches are a lot of work. Most are cable out and cable in, so no free wheel. They are very slow going too. But if you need to move a house the 45,000 and 60,000 lb winches will do it. I know because my friend uses these big winches in his house moving business with great result!

Csm Davis

To answer the ops question no not even close. And the winch on the back of the 916 is 45.000 lbs. As you saw they make bigger winches, bigger than 5 ton trucks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks