• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker wiffle tree going rate?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if I could have gotten one on the plane? I missed those completely but I'll bet they were gone by my Friday arrival.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose the whiffle trees are just like anything else. The year before, I could not give them away. For that reason, I thought long and hard about even bringing them (they are heavy!). I decided to bring them this past year and probably lowered my price from the previous year. Yes, I believe they were all gone by Friday evening. Mine were all in good working condition and complete...but a couple had some surface rust...all were scratched up from bouncing around on a wrecker (and my garage floor).

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I come across any more, I'll let everyone know. I doubt I will, however, as all five were on my now-departed M936A2. I'm not sure why they needed five...

acetomatoco

The term originated of course with horse drawn wagons... it allowed more than one horse to pull a wagon, equally distributed grunting..check with an old farmer for more info...

KaiserM109

It occurs to me that a person could get into a lot of trouble by buying a MV wrecker and trying to be helpful without knowing what he is doing. For you guys that ran wreckers in the military, I understand where you got your training, but what about others? I learn a lot of things by trial and error, but having a problem through ignorance when hauling a 15,000 lb. truck behind a 20,000 lb. truck down the interstate is no place to learn the hard way. Do you have to have a CDL?

If I ever run across a wiffle tree and recognize it, I will keep you guys in mind.