• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman finds a pontoon bridge

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the cckw bolster truck and bolster trailer, as well as the autocar hauled this kind of pontoon, and the white & brockway bridge trucks set them

TIGERFANS2

I have some friends in the Somalian Pirate Navy that would like to get in touch with you, they saw the "boat" and fell in love............. :)

sail-bum

You may think this is crazy, but thanks, I have had one for a few years and did not know what it was exactly! It was purchased for a project that changed directions, so it never got used. It has a Mercruiser 6 cylinder engine in it, and the front has a portion of aluminum decking over the hull. It currently has some random junk sitting in it but i will try to get some pictures up shortly.

Last edited:

phil2968

The pontoon is still there and still for sale. I have contact info.
Strange world! The phone just rang and a man from Washington state says he has the mate to this pontoon. He mentioned this thread specifically but he is not a member here. Richard, I have a number for him has he is interested in this one.
Wait, how did he wind up calling me?!
Anyway I'm sending you a PM.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PM received. The last time I passed the place the whole nine yards was gone. I hope it didn't go to the scrapper but it was almost all aluminum and prices got high a while back. If I get over that way I'll stop in and ask the old boy what happened to it.

sail-bum

Also the one that I have is for sale, if anyone is interested in it to make a complete unit if one of these is no longer available. I am not trying to post here instead of classifieds, I am just letting you know that it is out there if needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The last time I went by his place the gate was locked and it looked like no one had been around lately. He was an older feller and may have passed away or be in poor health. I have moved since I first posted this and don't get over that way a lot.

watash

70 years ago, my father was a combat engineer with "Easy" company.
He drove a 5ton all wheel drive truck carrying pontoon bridge equipment.
They went in at Normandy all the way to Berlin and VE day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks