• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's M915 update

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I asked about tagging it as an RV and did not get very far.....the big 5th wheel would have to be removed and if I towed with it it could only be a small 5th wheel for pulling gooseneck camoer trailers.

I am going to do some research myself and see what options I have.

I am waiting on the SF-97 so I will prob have time to resolve the issue before it shows up.

Capt.Marion

Since she looks like she could use some paint, why not use some of that "invisible paint" and then the gooberment won't even know you're on the road! That stuff's cheap, too. Damn near free. Did I mention easy to put on, too?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard, Take a look at the last 2 documents on the page below:

AMVCC - Technical Info Licensing

This is from our AMVCC. Some of this is AZ specific. The last 2 docs refer to federal requirements, you may be able to use them. I can't see how this tractor would be different than your M275 or your old M52, both have full size 5th wheels.

Here in AZ, since my trucks are not used in comercial enterprise, they "zero out" the weight. I then register them as "historic". I registered one yesterday, $27 per year.

I not saying that because it works here it should work there, but the fed docs may be a start.

Good luck and by the way, Nice piece of equipment!!

One more thing, are you an Allman Brothers Fan?

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur

I got the new air tank in today and took her out for a short drive and she ran great.....good power and the tranny shifts out nice. The Jake brakes work. There is a hole in the exhaust and she sounds like a log truck but I'll address that after the GA Rally.

DD...thanks...I'll dig through the Ala code and see what loopholes I can find.
And I am an Alman Brothers fan......that is where I got "Jessica" from...one of their great instramentals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks