• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's mission complete

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just got back from picking up the command trailer at Eglin AFB, FL.
I left Decatur, AL, Wednesday about 13:30 and made it to Brewton, AL, around 8:30.
For some reason the M52 would only top out about 45 MPH so the going was slow.
I overnighted at Brewton and arrived at Eglin around 09:30.
I signed in at GL and the rep took me out to the back 40 where the trailer was stored.
Murphy had been conspicious by his absence but he popped up when I discovered there was no crank for the landing gear. I quickly beat him into submission by using a large set of channel locks to raise the gear.
I hooked up the air and light cable and rolled back toward the Primary LZ.
With the trailer hooked on the going was really slow. I finally stopped and bled the injectors and it pepped up somewhat (note to self...next time bleed injectors prior to trip). I was able to hit 50 once and a while.
I made it here about 8:45 and relaxed.
No pics......Murphy did manage to FUBAR my digital. If I get it fixed I'll shoot a few of it hooked to the tractor.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Hey Wreckerman, I just read your post about your M52A2. You still got the multi????

if your shift patern has 4th up front and 5th back, then you have a direct drive transmission which is stock for the M52. Your not gonna get over 45 or 50 nomatter what you do.

Bleeding the injector lines??????? at 1800 psi, there is no air. Your power problem is not after the pump. Personally it sounds like you have a plain Multi M52A2. Just dont be in a hurry. Glad u made it with no problems. Paint that set semi gloss OD and bring it all up to the Forge in AUG!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually like the non-overdrive transmissions mated with the multifuel in a 5 ton. While your road speed suffers a bit like VTDEUCEDRIVER said above, you've got plenty of torque throw out all five gears...at least that was my experience with my old 1967 M543A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks