• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's redneck engineer trailer

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I recently aquired a dropside 5 ton bed from fellow SS'er Zout and a Bolster Trailer from SS member microjeep. I had this design worked out in my warped mind for a while and finally everything fell together. Fortunantly I also have the use of a M936 wrecker that I'm baby sitting for another SS'er. This made setting the bed up on the trailer a snap. I have it secured temporarily with two large turnbuckles up front and a chain in the rear. I'll add more permanent fastenings shortly since it may make it's way to the GA Rally. Since I lack a dump truck one of my planned uses is to haul rock/dirt/sand etc. since I can drop the sides and unload it with the bucket on my tractor.

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did ya use a 2x4 to level the front? LOL Gettin the job done with what we have been given! Carry on, Sir!

God bless,
Tony

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Did ya use a 2x4 to level the front? LOL Gettin the job done with what we have been given! Carry on, Sir!
That was a less that well thought out field expedient method to keep the bed level since the wood pieces under the frame were rotted out up front. As soon as I get to feeling better (according to the Doc I got a tick born bug that makes me feel like crap on a cracker) I'm going to make some permanent mounts using some Grade 8 bolts I have stashed away.

Jeepsinker

You should make it a side dumping trailer. You know, one that raises up to dump on one side instead of to the rear. Not sure if that would work for you but it should be fairly easy and different.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Side tippers are nice! Drop material and pull right on through. Figured you had a plan for it WM. Sorry to hear that you are doing the S.O.S. thingie cause of that tick! Those little buggers are nasty! Hope ya get to feeling better!

God bless,
Tony

Jeepsinker

Yeah, he already has the drop sides, so why not? And Wreckeman, if you get real creative/ have the time, you could even make it dump to either side selectively.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You should make it a side dumping trailer.
I have considered making it some sort of dumper. My main issues are lack of workshop, lack of practical knowledge on hydraulics, lack of funding and lack of energy.
How long of a train are you "engineering"? Total trk+trailer? Almost as long as a locomotive,I'd say.lol
It manuvers pretty good behind the M927 but getting it in tight places would be a challenge due to the turning radius of the truck
I have entertained the (probably bad) idea of hitching it behind the van trailer (there is a pintle hitch on the back of it) and hauling it to the GA Rally but that would put my total lenght at around 84 feet.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Side tippers are nice! Drop material and pull right on through. Figured you had a plan for it WM. Sorry to hear that you are doing the S.O.S. thingie cause of that tick! Those little buggers are nasty! Hope ya get to feeling better!
God bless,
Tony
Just imagine how the poor tick feels....prolly died!!:naner:

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have considered making it some sort of dumper. My main issues are lack of workshop, lack of practical knowledge on hydraulics, lack of funding and lack of energy.

It manuvers pretty good behind the M927 but getting it in tight places would be a challenge due to the turning radius of the truck
I have entertained the (probably bad) idea of hitching it behind the van trailer (there is a pintle hitch on the back of it) and hauling it to the GA Rally but that would put my total lenght at around 84 feet.
Other than those few small set backs, ya got her whipped WM!! LOL Always an adventure!

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks