• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckers New Toy

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
houdel said:
Maddawg - That is NOT a gun turret, it IS the access hatch to the gun ring! A fairly common field expedient mod for gun trucks. Yes a trifle ugly, but a little more bondo to smooth out the rough spots and some green paint and it will look just like a factory installation.
I know it's not a gun turret, I'm just not good with terminology sometimes. :)

FreightTrain

Banned
You know,I didn't even look behind the seat to check if it had a re-enforcement kit installed.I know the truck used to have Convoy lights since the wires and the breaker was still mounted on the front of the bed.Plus there were guide rails of sorts mounted on the bed floor.Not sure exactly what they were for.Might have been there for a skid mounted tank or a shelter.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A short follow up note:

I will be out of the loop for a few days. I am flying to Fort Sam Houston today to appear before a medical board next week. They will decide whether or not I will be allowed to stay on active duty for the next 14 months or be medically retired (bad knees :( ).
I cranked the duece just before I left the house yesterday and the batteries are still low but she fired right off. She really wanted to go for a ride but I had to get back here.
I will prob put them on the charger for a few hours each next weekend.
In the next few weeks I will be spot painting her and getting ready for the next Georgia MVPA meeting.
I got a tag Friday and will have insurance next week.
Unless something radical happens I am planning to be at the big rally in Peachtree city in Sept. and at Clinto's goat roping in the mountains of NW Ga.
I will be making up some convoy signs so me and Freighttrain can be a convoy of two when we road march to events.

Bill W

Peachtree City meet ( Falcon field) is about 9 miles from me, so I got storage if you have any problems. I gotta join the Georgia chapter and get my deuce there also.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wreckerman:
God bless you my friend I had a MRB back in 1985 for my hearing that got blown out by a simulator going off right next to my head. I got to address the board and told them I could still do my job better than any other LT in the unit and that my hearing loss was not in the range of the human voice. They approved my staying on and that MRB signed by a Major General has gotten me by a lot of SRP's over the years even when the young doc's tell me I am non deployable. I hope you get to stay for 20 and then file with the VA for the legs that will give you a better separation bonus and the dissability part of the retirement is tax exempt. I will keep you in my prayers.

That said your truck looks great. And you got a good deal on her. Hope to see lots more pictures we expect it from a PAO..

God bless you during your MRB