• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrong filters??

Pumbi

I ordered a bunch of oil and air filters from saturn surplus and they sent me all napa filters!!!! All of the outer boxes have all the right NSN and part numbers but inside the boxes is a bunch of napa gold filters.....Last time i checked napa wasn't a distributor for the US government. If i wanted napa filters I would have gone 2 miles down the street to my napa dealer and ordered them. I am writing this to double check that in fact the napa filters are not what the military uses so when i call them and chew them out im sure i have the upper hand. Thanks

Pumbi

Napa #'s

The napa filter #'s that saturn surplus gave me were 3540 and 3113 for fuel and 1133 for oil...........suppose to be for my 1969 M35A2 multifuel....thx

acetomatoco

RE: Napa #

OEM filters are few and far between...and expensive... The NAPA and WIX ... both made in the same place... are fine...and half the price...install and enjoy... By the way... if you need new gaskets for the secondary and final... they are John Deere M96T..... ACE

Pumbi

RE: Napa #

I spoke with mark over at saturn surplus today and I feel the need to clarify (or recant) my previous post. I guess that napa isn't a military contractor but saturn is. They package the napa filters and a set of the right seals together and sell them to the Gov in bulk. The reason the boxes were marked with the correct NSN numbers is because saturn is contracted to do so with the gov. Mark advised that hundreds of the same sets of filters he sent me are also sent to guard units and the like on active duty. So in short it seems napa filters are what the government uses and napa isn't a gov contractor but saturn repackaging napa filters is.....and they seemed to be very nice people too. :oops:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the parts cross reference lists here, you can save a ton of money on parts by getting them locally.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are LOTS of filters for lots of vehicles are the "common autoparts store brands" that are listed as being fine to use in MV's by the Govt.. Dont worry about it, your fine, and "correct".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks