• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: Fuel burning heater

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M35A2 that is missing the fuel burning heater that mounts under the hood. Everything else is there. Does anyone have a lead on one? RAM/ACE?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bruce, if you find one and need help getting it running, call me (PM), I got to know them pretty well working with them to get one good one for the 8x8.
You need the 20,000 BTU version, right?

JDToumanian

Yesterday I saw a CUCV with some type of maintenance box body on it, in a wrecking yard. In a compartment on the outside of the box was a fuel burning heater to keep the box warm while people were working inside. Could it be the same as the one you need? I didn't look too closely but it looked complete... I can check, or give you the contact info.

Jon

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BJORN: Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I am able to acquire one.

Jon: To be honest, I am not sure what the correct fuel burning heater for this truck is. I just know the truck had one on it...and it was robbed off of it before it was turned in.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, the model you should look for is the Stewart Warner South Wind 8420 (or pehaps 8420024).
You will also need the control box with two switches, a light and a 5-pin connector in the back.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, yeah, that is the same switch that is in my cab, although there is no guarantee that mine works. I believe that the fuel pump is there, although I have not looked for it yet. Thanks for the response.

citizensoldier

Hi Bjorn.
Would the model you mentioned be the same as for the M109 van body? I have one that is like new out of a CUCV Ambulance. The exhaust comes out in the wrong spot to work in my M109.. Bruce maybe it would work for your truck? I will take some pictures and post them later.

citizensoldier

RE: This is the one I have

I might just try and make it work in my van. But I keep holding out thinking I will find the exact one with the shelf and exhaust for it. I am also missing the convertor box that runs this heater and the exhaust fan in the back of the truck.
If anyone out there can use this one make me a offer... It is like new just dusty from sitting around the shop.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: This is the one I have

Hey Lane, got any controls layin around? I have a heater too but not the box with the switches.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, you need the exhaust fan from an M109A3? Contact Winslow in NC...he has residue shop vans and I am almost positive I saw the small exhaust fan in one of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks