• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: Fuel burning heater

citizensoldier

Re: RE: This is the one I have

gimpyrobb said:
Hey Lane, got any controls layin around? I have a heater too but not the box with the switches.
I do not but see them up for sale from time to time... Next time I see one I will pick it up.. If they have two and are a good price I will get you one too.

Bruce.
I dont think the ones in a M109 have a exhaust fan on the heater? They just go up and out through the front. I have never ran one and only seen them in pictures so if any of you guys have more info on the M109 set up clue me in. It was all gone from mine when I bought it. I have a exhaust fan mounted in the back but it needs the 24 volt box up front that runs it along with the heater. I believe its also a convertor box for when running 110 so you can still run the 24 volt heater and back fan?

Trango

RE: Re: RE: This is the one I have

Hi Folks,

I just stumbled upon this. I picked up a few of the webasto diesel-powered heaters a couple of years ago... terrible purchase, since they've done little but sit in the shrinkwrap since then, since I haven't figured out the interface yet.

The webasto ones I have have a different interface....just a sensor, what looks to be an ignitor, and what looks to be voltage for a fan.

Does anyone know how about these later generation heaters? Or want one? $100+shipping. :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: This is the one I have

Trango, might want to start a new thread with pics. I may be interested.

rizzo

Re: RE: Re: RE: This is the one I have

citizensoldier said:
I just followed up on this post.. Rizzo send me more info on what you have please. I am interested if its the right setup.. Thank you ..

k

I will be checking and taking some pics for you guys

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We might be talking about two different kinds of exhaust fans. I've owned an M109A3 and an M185A2 and both had a small exhaust fan on the top left corner of the van body...or, as you exit the van body, they were up to the right on the inside near the ceiling. Perhaps, this is not the exhaust fan that you were asking about. I am attaching a pic of my M185 (you can see the exhaust fan door in the open position).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks