• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB M1010 Ambulance Box or Complete Truck and Utility Topper

Metapoint

Howdy, Just Joined and am looking to buy an ambulance box off of an M1010 or a complete vehicle. I'll continue to browse ebay, craigslist, & govliquid until I find one, if anyone comes across one, please let me know. I'm located in Phoenix.

I'm also looking to buy one of the Utility Toppers off on an M1008/M1028 pick up. Its that big aluminum cargo top looking thing that I need for another project.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: WTB M1010 Ambulance Box or Complete Truck and Utility To

Ollie Davis in Mt. Airy, MD has one for sale...the whole M1010, that is. His number is 240-674-6003.

AJMBLAZER

RE: topper

He's talking about the radio boxes that the 1028's could have installed. At least that's what he was talking about on CK5 the other day when we sent him over here...

colomil

I have an M1010 here in Colorado (30 miles east of colorado springs). I might sell the box off of it. The bottom of the box is a little beat up from the GL forklift guys. It still has the A/C unit and the heater but the control panels need hooked back up. IM me if interested.

AJMBLAZER

Ah, that top is just a civilian top painted black, green, or camo. Technically the CUCV's were supposed to have a canvas top but some units went out and bought hard tops like that.

Metapoint

Awesome, thanks for the response on the boxes. PMs have been sent to DRat and Colomil. Any others anyone knows of?

That utility topper pictured I just like because it is so much taller than the typical fiberglass ones you find, it would work well for a project I'm working on.

AJMBLAZER

They're around. I don't think they were ever very popular due to looks but I see them from time to time up here. However, as with all the toppers for these trucks, I think the last ones were made well over ten years ago.

Metapoint

Yeah, it seems to be pretty easy to find them on the East Coast right now, I now know of 4 complete vehicles on that side of the country, however it's a long way from Phoenix. But members on this forum have replied from CO and Yuma, AZ with boxes, so one of them may be the ticket. I know that as soon as I buy one, there will be three dozen listed on GL at bases that are local to me, just my luck.

Metapoint

These boxes are for the same wheelbase as just a standard longbed pick up correct? As in, if I got one of these boxes, I could bolt in on in place of a longbed truckbed, correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks