• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: M142 cradle for M60

wgtactical

This will be of the long pintle variety. Just found out that the one I have is probably not early enough or something. It is the long pintle type, but the travel lock bar holes will not line up with the ones on the mount. Anyway, this will be going on the Eddie Black M114A1E1, and any help is appreciated.

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mount

The only person I know that has any for sale is BMG Parts, better take your nitro pill before looking at the price.OUCH!!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gerald, the long pintle M142 seems to be a rare item, according to the manual it was a Marine Corps specific item (don't know if that is true or not).

I was thinking of converting one of my short pin M142s by welding the pin from an M23 mount (no, not destroying a good one! The yoke was twisted beyond repair, I picked it up from Austin specifically for this). Anyway, that's one option.

Cheers

Last edited:

moose53

the long pintle M142 was for the M4 pedestal used on M151's and very early Hmmv's. The later version for the newer hummv's and other vehicles had the short pintle. There are still plenty around, but the long pintle version gets about $100.00 more than the newer short one. Last time I visited there, Army Jeep Parts in Penna. had a few. If you post a req in the weapons section on g503 you may find one also, thats how I got mine...

Jim

wgtactical

Gerald, the long pintle M142 seems to be a rare item, according to the manual it was a Marine Corps specific item (don't know if that is true or not).

I was thinking of converting one of my short pin M142s by welding the pin from an M23 mount (no, not destroying a good one! The yoke was twisted beyond repair, I picked it up from Austin specifically for this). Anyway, that's one option.

Cheers
Now that you mentioned it, seems that if we were to add-on another locking point at the bottom of the short pintle, that would be easier than chopping off the entire pintle and trying to attach a new one :idea:

sermis

Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? I have seen several pintals and mounts but not sure which one goes on what.

vtdeucedriver

I have the long one on my Mutt and I cant tighten it down to lock it from spinning. I will look at it again tomorrow to see if i need a shorter one, then this one will need to go! BTW its NOS

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the clarification Moose.

WGTac, if you do come up with a better way to lengthen or lock in the short pin, would you post it? I am not vested in the re-welding of mine, better suggestions are always welcome. I had thought of machining a hole for a cross pin further up the long pin socket as another option, but I would like to be able to move the M142 to other vehicles as well.

Cheers

Last edited:

moose53

There is a pintle adapter, BMG parts usually has them. Not cheap, but a lot less work. You would then be able to use your cradle on different mounts.

Jim

wgtactical

Thanks for the clarification Moose.

WGTac, if you do come up with a better way to lengthen or lock in the short pin, would you post it? I am not vested in the re-welding of mine, better suggestions are always welcome. I had thought of machining a hole for a cross pin further up the long pin socket as another option, but I would like to be able to move the M142 to other vehicles as well.

Cheers
Finally got around to modifying the short pintle for an upcoming event that we were invited to attend. I counterbored the end of the pintle and made the extension bolt into place from the top. Now I guess this little mod makes it a M142-C (convertible)rofl

Attachments