• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wtb m548 cargo carrier

WPNS421

I am looking for an M548 cargo carrier. I have been going to all the sites listed in various magazines and nothing. Does anyone know where there is an M548 for sale? We would like a complete unit dead or running, if you know where ther are any please PM. Also if anyone has a Lynx reconnaissance APC for sale I am interested. The Lynx is a Canadian design version of the M75. If you know where there is one please PM. I will even buy a display vehicle.

WPNS421

P.S. I know someone in the northeastern US has one because I have seen pictures of it, would really like to talk to someone who has either vehicles.

WPNS421

I can get the engines in Canada and I am pretty sure that I can find transmissions, there are the same as the power packs from the M113. If your friend is interested in selling one have him send me an e-mail and if possible pictures. Also can he give me a price, I plan on restoring the vehicle. My e-mail is gilles@oops.ca Thank you for the info

B3.3T

The Canadian Lynx was produced by FMC and has nothing in common with an M75. There are a few in private hands but in 16 years, I've only ever seen two listed and they were ex-Dutch army and still in Holland.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

here is what the owner said

they weigh in at 8000 lbs of aluminum $4500 for each if you buy two $4000 each. three have tracks and the stuff in the back will not go with the units and he will not take parts off if you want parts you will have to remove parts.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure they are worth that amount in scrap. The problem is, by the time you find all the parts and put it back together, I bet you have $15K in it and you can buy a complete unit for that. I have owned two (M1015A1 and M548A1) and have paid that for them. I have actually seen them cheaper at Rancher's Supply in CO.

WPNS421

Thanks I would appreciate it if you would ask if it is for sale, as BKubu said by the time I get all the parts and assemble the vehicle I will be up into the $14 -$15K. I also have to consider the transport, haul a dead one or a live one is the same. If you have any info plse PM . Thanks again

DanT

Looking for tracks?

I would like to buy one of these old cargo carriers for parts specifically the tracks. Our are worn out and could use a couple?