• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB Turbo to Exhaust Manifold Gasket?

steelandcanvas

Checked all the usuals, OD Iron, Eastern, Saturn, Boyce, and Frontline. Anybody know how to locate this gasket?

No, I'm not going to use RTV, I want to do it right and I want the gasket.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm sending Sermis an exhaust manifold. He said he found a gasket. Might want to PM him to see where he got it.

steelandcanvas

Found turbo to manifold gasket!

I took my old one into a local diesel repair place and they matched with one hanging on the wall. ( I believe it was a CAT part.)

Well, I found my turbo to manifold gasket today.:-D BFR, you were correct, it is a CAT part. I was in and out of CAT today in about 10 minutes.:wink: The part # is 1S-4295, price was $6.42 out the door. I did find one made of gasket material, however, my local NAPA Guy said the material was only good to about 300*F.:roll: This metallic unit should serve me well past that.:-D

Josh

dont like bumping old threads but i want to make sure, this gasket is the one needed when you replace your turbo right? is it the only one?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
don't like bumping old threads

That's what we want you to do! So don't hesitate! Much better to resuscitate an old thread than start a new one.

Steelandcanvas, much thanks for posting that CAT #.

Josh

Well on most forums I frequint, if a thread is more then 2 weeks old and it appears back at the top, it tends to get locked/flame fest, so its a force of habit. Although if you make new thread, they tend to cry about not searching, its a loose loose.

Well I just purchased a C turbo for my truck and on the parts ref page, I could not find turbo gaskets. Those of you who have replaced turbo gaskets, give me an idea were to look, search just turned up a bunch of threads that didnt help me.

jeepin

In the -P manual there is a turbo gasket kit that includes all the gaskets you need. Part no is Turbo gasket kit, part number 5704392
I got mine from George at White Owl.

Josh

Okay I'm still at it. After trying all of the surplus guys I could( White Owl, Boyce, OD, ect) and either not getting the info I was looking for, or not even having an e-mail returned, I am back again to to find the Turbo to Ex-pipe gasket. I Just picked up the manifold to turbo gasket at my local Cat dealer, but now I need that other gasket. I would like to not use RVT or something simular. Thanks.