• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH! $13,500 GP CUCV ii

Jayhawk#44

Wow, yes, low miles, apparently well running, and in good condition, for a 1993 CUCV ii.

I was watching this for my youngest boy. LOL, not even close. I was thinking $5-7K at the most. Guess I'm a dreamer.

If someone here on SS got it good on you! If not, I bet there's a new member registering shortly.

1993 GMC 6.2L on GP

Take care!

Matt

cucvrus

After looking at the internet sales and pricing and figuring in the price of a new truck in the same platform. That is a great price. Figure guys are buying CUCV's for 1/2 that and spending another 1/2 of that price to have an older truck that has been repaired. This is an OEM great looking truck that may need a paint job and a full maintenance done to it. All and all a much more comfortable truck drivability wise and it already has the 4 speed automatic. A new truck comparably equipped would be close to $50,000. So I say with that mileage and condition buy it. No A/C bites but I could live without that with a nice solid truck like that. Besides it would look great with a CARC 3 color woodland paint job. That's is what I would do with it. Don't need to add anything else. Maybe remove some anchorage from the frame.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
KBB and NADA currently are valid pricing tools due to the market. Heck best friend sold his F-250 for MORE than he paid for it new last year.

cucvrus

Every picture tells a different story. But mileage and condition are key to value. And something is only worth what one buyer is willing to pay and what the person seller is willing to part with it. An agreement is made and the sale takes place. I wouldn't pay a million dollars for an old base ball card but someone is doing it. So on the used 1993 GMC. If the buyer is happy and the seller sold it, that is all that matters. I was offered money for things I have and didn't sell because I didn't want to sell. The offers were overly fair but I didn't want to sell. Guns, tractors, homes, and land are few things I don't always deal on. My barn Cat has no price. He is family. Have a Great Day.

Squibbly

KBB is no longer accurate in an economy with supply chain issues and chip shortages.

My Jeep Liberty Diesel is listed for $1800 on KBB, and I'm betting I can get 7k for it, as is (bent up doors and all), right now.

Dealers are calling people on leases and offering to buy the cars back for MORE than what they owe, because their lots are empty.
They are adding 5K to the retail prices for new cars, non-negotiable, and people are buying cars without a test drive and unseen.
My brother runs a Facebook group for people selling their Squarebody's and parts, and members are constantly complaining that the prices are too high, but they are selling, so, we have a supply and demand issue favoring the seller right now.

The "minimalist" and "prepper" markets are hot right now, so our vehicles are in demand.

The market will let you know if you are overpriced...by no one buying what you're selling.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks