• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTK: Spare Tire Strap Hooks to? Lengths for Cargo Cover Straps?

Crapgame

The Dash 10 isn't very detailed, couldn't find a video on Youtube, reference the Spare Tire Strap Assembly, where do you secure the hook end to? Best I can guess is the hook it to the 3" wide rod seen to the right of the tire cradle in the below photo.

Cargo Cover Straps, supposed to be 2x 1.5" wide x over twice the length of the cargo bed Support Straps. Two loose straps with 1" plastic D-Rings. And several straps with rectangular metal rings for securing the rolled up cargo cover.

Does anybody have specific lengths for any of the above? I pulled one pic from Eastern Surplus shows the length of the 1" strap that I believe attaches to the bow section:

I have the technical capability to make them to spec, just need the proper dimensions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold my nylon strapping because the spair still has two chains on mine. First chain keeps tire in cradle when lifting the the second chain has two of these clips showen in pic and connects to where the red line is on both sides of the cradle. The correct length of chain on mine when clipped is close to tight. If you are missing that chain just make one up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronmar

My spare strap hooks to that cross-pin just inboard of where the hydraulic cylinder attaches. Do you need dimensions for that? I can get some once the snow melts back a bit:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks