• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW II railroad/ military vehicle battle Titusville ,Pa June 21-23 ,2013

battlebaby2

This is a new event for NW Pa. This will be on the Oil Creek & Titusville Railroad a WW II German Prisoner of War Train and public battles for control of the train . Military vehciles will convoy from Titusville ,Pa to Rouseville ,Pa . This armed convoy will follow the roads through Oil Creek State Park. Alot of Oil History and even ghost towns we will travel through. All WW II and Korean War vehciles can be part of this. I am looking for at least 6 military vehicles to be used to transport men and weapons. This event will need around 4O Germans and GI's per side.
This is a great new idea Hosted by the 99th Infantry Division Historical Society ,Inc. The same unit that brings The Bridge at Remagen 1945 to you.
If you like more info please contact me at battlebaby99@verizon.net
It is time to change up the hobby alittle--

Patrick A. Tarasovitch-- Event Coordinator , Erie ,Pa

battlebaby2

We have found a better idea. The train will become a German military, civilian train with GI Prisoners of War. The train will be heavily armed . The paying public will be part of this battle for the train. US military vehciles and troops will fight the train and German forces. Registration is FREE for this event. This will be a Saturday and Sunday battle for all reenactors and vehcile owners. The convoy will fight a 10 mile battle with the train. This event is called The Ruhr Pocket, 1945 Train/ Military Vehicle Convoy battle If you like I will need to send you a packet for your unit. Any questions please contact me here or offline.

Pat Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator, Erie ,pa

Last edited:

battlebaby2

Update: As always German Forces are comming in strong for this battle. Our American convoy of jeeps, trucks and possible halftrack is building up. Don't worry GI if you don't have a jeep or truck. We will have a seat for you to battle the German Train. Where can you fight a real train armed with Germans? This will be the last train from the Ruhr Pocket.
Also on SATURDAY NIGHT we will have USO Dance at the Titusville, PA VFW. This will be from 7pm to 11ish. It is walking distance from our camp at the stations. Open to all reenactors GI, German and civilians.
For more info on this event contact me at battlebaby99@verizon.net

Pat