• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWI tank - front page of local newspaper

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Apparently in Apr of 1919, British 'Whippet' tanks were touring upstate NY, drumming up support for Victory Liberty Loan bonds.
Shame about the typo ... If anyone is interested, I can try better pics of the text.
Wow! That is a neat article. I can't remember where I was reading very recently - but some of the very first tanks were nothing more than a caterpillar with a little armor plating around the critical components...

Actually, the tracked version was a major upgrade since the first armored vehicles were trucks. When they upgraded to track, they didn't sink up in the mud as far (supposedly).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks