• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Airshow Today...

Needle

Only took a few pictures this morning at the Reading Airports WWII Show...weather wasn't the best and many planes still hadn't arrived....:roll:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x339/OlJake/WWII%20Wknd%20%202012/?albumview=slideshow

[thumbzup]:whistle::popcorn:
Srjeeper...nice collection of photos. Not being critical, but a couple of your photo descriptions are incorrect.:)
1. 1st Dauntless is actually a TBM Avenger
2. 2nd Dauntless is an SB2C Helldiver
3. Zero is a Val dive bomber.

And if you see the pilot of the P-51 (The Brat III) doing nothing, tell him he should be polishing!:p

OLDCHEV4X4

I went on Sunday, Awesome show! The last remaining flying B-29 "Fifi" was there along with some B-25's and B-17's and P-40 and P-51 and......
There was so many WWII vehicles, my head was spinning. A very windy rain storm moved in and me and my son had to seek shelter in a communications tent with a bunch of reanactor's and vintage guns. Everybody grabbed a tent pole and held on. We survived but some tents didn't.
The French village skirmish was cool too but the allies lost to the Germans in the end. Every time the Jap plane flew over the reanactor's would open up with machine guns.
The kids had a great time and we stayed to the very end with out a single complaint. :jumpin:

HAWKMAN

I went on Sunday, Awesome show! The last remaining flying B-29 "Fifi" was there along with some B-25's and B-17's and P-40 and P-51 and......
There was so many WWII vehicles, my head was spinning. A very windy rain storm moved in and me and my son had to seek shelter in a communications tent with a bunch of reanactor's and vintage guns. Everybody grabbed a tent pole and held on. We survived but some tents didn't.
The French village skirmish was cool too but the allies lost to the Germans in the end. Every time the Jap plane flew over the reanactor's would open up with machine guns.
The kids had a great time and we stayed to the very end with out a single complaint. :jumpin:
I had the same situation at my stand...as soon as the storm hit my tents were instantly full of people which was good when the wind kicked in. I had every able bodied man holding down the tent until it passed...kinda felt like Noa's ark here for a minute as all the men were at the poles and all the women and children were huddled in the middle:lol:....all in all a great event with some awsome aircraft!!!:)

SMOKEWAGON66

great pics :beer:

Dauntless? I had a good long laugh at that actually...lol. Like you can mistake an SBD dauntless with a TBM Avenger...pfft!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks