• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWYD? M929A2 vs M929 Dump Trucks of install a Dump box on a M031A2 Tractor?

trukhead

WWYD? M929A2 vs M929 Dump Trucks or install a Dump box on a M931A2 Tractor?

Here is a picture of the dump box and hoist on the 56 Ford. Don't worry, the Ford is being sold as parts to restorers.

This is the dump box I would have installed on the tractor.

Which engine will be more servicable in the future, the 250 na Cummins or the 8.3 Cummins.

Which dump truck is better, the M929 or the M929A2? Both of these dump trucks have the 250 Cummins.

The A2 has super singles, so which dumper will have more traction?

But the M929 has a recent rebuild.

I would use the dump truck on the farm almost exclusively off road, maybe to go to Poof Stock to haul who knows what.:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

Bighurt

All M939A2 series should have the 8.3L, if you have a M929 with supersingles and a NHC-250 Cummins, it's either a A0 or A1.

IMO the newerer the motor the easier it will to have serviced. I doubt most techs in a diesel shop remember a NHC-250 let alone being as old as one. It's antiquated technology, doesn't make cummins a lot of money to train techs on engines that are well out of production. They probably service more N14's than we as steel soldiers have.

However that isn't to say you can't service you own motor.

I think that small of a box would look best on the shorter wheel base of a M931/932.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks