• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WY/CO Chapter

TJinSD

Colorado and Wyoming, combined, is sure enough a WHOLE lot of territory:

- Wonder what the best central location might be to work out best for everybody?

You know, just wondering. :mrgreen:
Maybe an East slope show and a West slope show would be the ticket.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

- Wonder what the best central location might be to work out best for everybody?

Or, if the MVPA group out of Denver hosted a convention.......... :beer:

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably denver ish. A few south extending to Utah, new Mexico and Kansas near the colorado border.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good question. Up until recently, I’d say Denver CO. Unfortunately, Colorado is messing with the rules governing former military vehicles. I’d have to say Cheyenne or Casper Wyoming.

rodent

Has anyone got turned away from registering or titling their military vehicle in Colorado? I'm worried I may have to sell my M1008 with the new law.

Attachments

paintballman

I agree with the Western and eastern slop idea.
I have been worried about the new laws. I am able to register my m105 trailer though as a Home made version. I just had to add side marker lights and center running rear lights. My truck I will just buy a title for an older Chevy truck but my Deuce I'm selling in Utah.

mann650

Some folks have had their renewals rejected in Colorado, I believe the first one was back in July. If you are in Colorado please write your elected officials at the state level and ask that they support legislation to fix this. There are some threads here regarding SB19-054 that give the background. For now our best bet is to try and get new legislation on the books.

SgtMajHarper

Colorado titling andregistration issues

I know of two guys that had renewal issues, first was denied a renewal outright for his Gama Goat.......he is further back in this message train and supplied the document you posted, the other was guy in Coloi. Sprgs.. He went in to renew his trailer licnese plates and they turned him down at first, made him get a "homemade trailer" application, issued a state ID number and new VIN plate that had to be installed on the trailer and then inspected by LE before they would issue a new title and new plates under a "homemake title" and new the VIN.......it also went from being like a 1963 trailer probably taxed at $50 a year to a brand new trailer taxed at 2019 rate.

I have heard. not verified that no way will they license a Hummer anymore.

You might want to check out the legislative issues section / politics relating to MV's way back up towards the top of the topics......there has been a lot of back and forth on this issue there.

Last edited:

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's horrible, sadly this state is getting so restrictive. It appears they are trying to force everyone to either buy a new vehicle or drive illegally.

rodent

Thanks for the info everyone. I asked someone at the Douglas County Motor Vehicle yesterday and she was not sure but said I will probably have issues renewing it. Its a good thing I got the 5 year collector plates. With how liberal this state has become my hope to reverse this naive decision is dwindling. Hopefully we can push back on this and get it back to where it was before.
Please take time to digitally sign.
https://www.change.org/p/senator-la...8ce0a1f6c2&utm_content=fht-18531544-en-us:v12

Already signed and donated $25.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's horrible, sadly this state is getting so restrictive. It appears they are trying to force everyone to either buy a new vehicle or drive illegally.

There's alot of people moving in from CA......

AndyV

Purchased M1123 in September 2019, received in December 2019. Went into Avon, CO DMV (Eagle County) for temp plates so I can get a VIN inspection and was turned away. They said there was no way to get CO plates on a surplus military vehicle for on-road purposes.

Note: I called DMV back in September during my research and they said no problem. All depends on who you talk to and what mood they are in!

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there was a law passed. They are wrong. You can register it as off-highway but that means not on colorado highway. In my opinion interstates don't count because of interstate freedoms.

Another Ahab

Purchased M1123 in September 2019, received in December 2019. Went into Avon, CO DMV (Eagle County) for temp plates so I can get a VIN inspection and was turned away. They said there was no way to get CO plates on a surplus military vehicle for on-road purposes.

Note: I called DMV back in September during my research and they said no problem. All depends on who you talk to and what mood they are in!
There has to be written policy of some kind, one way or the other.

The written policy (whether code or legislation), is the marching order of any bureaucrat of any stripe.

Knowing that, my experience (from running construction permits way back in the day) was that bringing along a box of doughnuts (and a smile), to the business counter of whatever office you have to deal with goes a long way toward getting what you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks