• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WY/CO Chapter

41cl8m5

I see a lot of out of state plates “visiting” all the time. Yes, Colorado has a law about vehicles being in the state for more than just a short time, they must get registered in the state, but most cops don’t have the time to keep track of all the foreign plates and how long they have been to the state continuously.

The rule was put into place was done by the rulers of the Colorado DMV and that is the Colorado Department of Revenue. It started by a letter from AM General about the military hummer not being designed to be on the national highway system, but the way their lawyers worded the letter that was sent to all DMVs in the USA made it sound like it applies to all military wheeled vehicles. Good news is if you are able to get your hands on a non American manufacturer made Historical Military Vehicle that was made before Real VIN #s came out than you will not have a problem with title or registration in the state of Colorado but if you live in the emissions control area you will need to pass one of those for gas or diesel too. So, Colorado is very friendly to foreign military vehicle.

If you have one of those very intimidating 6x6 or 8x8 zombie scary war wagons, other wise known as Historical Military Vehicles, that you are lucky enough to have been able to get a title and a on road registration for, you are completely legal to drive/ run that vehicle on the roads of any state in the U.S.of A. Including the interstate highway system.

I am not telling anyone what to do, just after thinking about the situation myself I have ideas but I am not dumb enough to put it on an open forum for all to see. I’m just explaining the facts as I know them to be and from what I have seen and read for myself.

This is a messed up deal in the states that are refusing to renew registrations or now requiring owners to relinquish their titles to exchange them for “off road only” ones, or only issuing “off road only” titles and registrations.

ceetwarrior

Thank you all for the recent replies to this today and thanks for learnin me this info. I'm gonna to look into farm tags and try to figure this out in the future.

Carmancraig

There are mixed results from all over the state with some guys getting plates with no problem and other guys being told no way; some have been told that their current registration is going to be cancelled and their current "road worthy" titles confiscated and have off road use only titles re-issued. We're trying to get some traction on "something' to take to the legislature this year and start getting hold of law makers to fix this blatant abuse of DOR's misinterpretation of the current law.
Has anyone started a class action lawsuit yet?

Carmancraig

There are mixed results from all over the state with some guys getting plates with no problem and other guys being told no way; some have been told that their current registration is going to be cancelled and their current "road worthy" titles confiscated and have off road use only titles re-issued. We're trying to get some traction on "something' to take to the legislature this year and start getting hold of law makers to fix this blatant abuse of DOR's misinterpretation of the current law.
Has anyone started a class action lawsuit yet? 4th, 5th and title 1 constitutional violations and prejudice in Unlawful decree?

Carmancraig

On the bright side, the police will be saving a lot of vehicle registration money by not being able to register their previous military vehicles for on-road use. Right??

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Y'all need to get with me and everyone else , let's pool our $ and sue them for constitutional infractions for millions of dollars.

tommys2patrick

so...what about the VFD's, the colleges, the forest service, the police and other government agencies both state and federal that continue to operate these vehicles on road. how do we come to a place where the government can declare " do as I say not as I do". what happened to a government that is supposed to be by the people, for the people and of the people. how come I can build a jalopy out of spare parts from all kinds of vehicles, have it inspected and get it titled and they are Ok with that. how come I can get an exemption for a horseless carriage/ antique vehicle that has no smog control, no seat belts, questionable brakes and steering etc etc. the whole thing stinks of an out of control beaurocracy

Carmancraig

so...what about the VFD's, the colleges, the forest service, the police and other government agencies both state and federal that continue to operate these vehicles on road. how do we come to a place where the government can declare " do as I say not as I do". what happened to a government that is supposed to be by the people, for the people and of the people. how come I can build a jalopy out of spare parts from all kinds of vehicles, have it inspected and get it titled and they are Ok with that. how come I can get an exemption for a horseless carriage/ antique vehicle that has no smog control, no seat belts, questionable brakes and steering etc etc. the whole thing stinks of an out of control beaurocracy
I AM WILLING TO SIGN ONTO A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! WE NEED EVERYONE TO DO THIS! THIS IS THE LAST LINE BEFORE WE BLOOD FIGHT!.... We cannot just keep an letting them d ok this.

ceetwarrior

I AM WILLING TO SIGN ONTO A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! WE NEED EVERYONE TO DO THIS! THIS IS THE LAST LINE BEFORE WE BLOOD FIGHT!.... We cannot just keep an letting them d ok this.
My friend works for a small town eastern police dept and they just got a sand color H1 for their dept. We have got to get our rights back. Like said above, horseless carriage but no antique vehicle cause it's OD green?

SgtMajHarper

My friend works for a small town eastern police dept and they just got a sand color H1 for their dept. We have got to get our rights back. Like said above, horseless carriage but no antique vehicle cause it's OD green?
There are all kinds of exemptions for various levels of the "gubmint" where they can have lots of things that a regular guy on the street cannot. Many of these "things" are thru a kind of lend / lease from the fed's to the states and cities. They are not subject to all kinds of regulations that a guy on the street is. Or some things you can have, but they are very expensive (think class 3 weapons). Not trying to get everyone's hackles up, but in my dealings with the "gubmint" they have the time, the man-power and mostly, they have "our money" to fight every step of the way just because they can. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it is what it is.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are all kinds of exemptions for various levels of the "gubmint" where they can have lots of things that a regular guy on the street cannot. Many of these "things" are thru a kind of lend / lease from the fed's to the states and cities. They are not subject to all kinds of regulations that a guy on the street is. Or some things you can have, but they are very expensive (think class 3 weapons). Not trying to get everyone's hackles up, but in my dealings with the "gubmint" they have the time, the man-power and mostly, they have "our money" to fight every step of the way just because they can. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it is what it is.
Sad to say, but the part about they have "our money" to fight every step of the way is so true. Same for vehicles and for weapons...

Another Ahab

JW7tonWY

Outstanding

THAT is a first-rate Museum!!
I have a ton of photos and video there was only 12 people there last May when we went, every thing runs, drives flies, and many shoot too. the Vietnam firebase was over the top with the smell of burned cordite pumped in for the added realism. When we went there were around 200 vehicles just sitting under a roof outside. Plus there is a gun vault revolutionary war musket to present.

JW7tonWY

I have a ton of photos and video there was only 12 people there last May when we went, every thing runs, drives flies, and many shoot too. the Vietnam firebase was over the top with the smell of burned cordite pumped in for the added realism. When we went there were around 200 vehicles just sitting under a roof outside. Plus there is a gun vault revolutionary war musket to present.
They actually did not have a M715, had a M725 ambulance, if the cost of getting back and forth to work wasn't emptying my wallet I would take my truck trailer and m715 up there...Just to show off, They don't have any of these last I knew.IMG_1387.JPEG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks