• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-Door Window Sizes

MaverickH1

Has anyone had X-Door windows made and know which size to use?

I'm seeing there are two different types available, a basic armor and a supplemental armor. I'll have the basic armor window frames, so that's my main interest. But might as well share all info if anyone else needs something later on.

I'm sure it's a simple X by Z dimension, but are there radiuses cut on the corners? What size? What thickness?

Thank you! I'd like to get some cut to the darkest allowable tint by law here in VA, which is 50% for front windows.

MaverickH1

Have the shop use the original for a pattern.
I bought front X-Doors for cheap that needed repair and were missing the frames and windows. I have purchased the frames and small parts from Kascar, but will also need windows which I don't currently have.

Kascar is working to get dimensions for me also. Have I mentioned how awesome they are?

If they get them to me I'll post them up here.

MaverickH1

I got 14-1/8" x 20-1/16" and 5/16" thick with a slight radius to corners. Pic is odd angle and the edges have clear tape on them...so dimensions aren't perfectly clear. But that's what I measured.
Kascar responded with the same dimensions as above.

I've already had one automotive glass company turn me down. They didn't stock 5/16", only 1/4" and 3/8". And only in 14% and 44% tint. VA law requires 50%. Trying to find other sources.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a little confused, I thought the glass was 3/8 and 5/8", I was just about to order some tempered glass and ran across this post, now I gotta figure out how to measure the glass in the vehicle, delivery is 3-4 weeks so I don't want to be down that long.

3jacks

It was years ago when I took those measurements and I’m old as dirt but I did mic them and it measured 5/16”. I no longer have that vehicle (and no x-doors) or I’d mic them again to Verify...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks