• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-Doors

blackduck

Does anyone know the exact rivets used for restoring x-doors for my M998? All the ones I've purchased are either too long or too short. Do not want to grind them all down and everyone is suggesting. Hoping someone here knows something. I know I'm being picky but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the hardware.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t answer your question but possibly McMaster-Carr has every imaginable length rivet available and it tells you which to use for a given combined material thickness.

blackduck

Can’t answer your question but possibly McMaster-Carr has every imaginable length rivet available and it tells you which to use for a given combined material thickness.
Actually, the ones I've ordered from them are the closest I can find. I'll probably end up using those. They are about 1/16" too long which doesn't seem too much but it looks a little goofy and they get in the way of the window as it goes up and down the track. I'll end up having to use a bucking bar to smash them down a bit. Don't want to grind them because I'll have to de-burr them. Is what it is. Thanks for the response.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks