• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm-810

Rocco

Will the the alternator from a deuce work on the 250 cummings?
And for the power steering fluid,is it dot 5?
Or is it just some type of power steering fluid?
And where there a lot of XM-810s produced ?
I think it is time to rebuild the air pack it is spraying brake fluid out of the
part that allows air from releasing after braking.

acetomatoco

power steering on the Cummins uses engine oil. The Mil Std alternators of 60 amp 28 volt design by Autolite (prestolite) and Leece Neville are interchangeable as a unit, but not individual parts. You really need to invest in the Cummins M800 series manuals of the 260 variety... as in TM 9-2320-260-10 and of course, the LO

Rocco

Well this truck is not in bad shape .
got it running but theres no brakes
16000 miles since last rebuild.
It just sat around for a long time.
I will try to get some pics

Rocco

Whats going on??
I can not get the brakes to work.
I took the air pak apart and cleaned the hole thing
And the master cylinder and cleaned it out It all looks good
Now when I put fluid in the master cylinder and pump the pedal no fluid comes
out the line to the air pak or from the bleeder valve on the back of the master cylinder.
And the line is not logged nothing is clogged .
Whats going on???????

ida34

There is s bleeder on the end for "bench" bleeding. I just went though this. He said he tried that bleeder.

Rocco, insects like to clog the bleeders. Did you take the bleeder completely out and check to make sure it is not clogged? If there is no fluid coming out of the big line from the back of the master to the airpack then your master is toast. I would take it out and rebuild it. Even if it is clogged up in some way you should still tear it down to clean it out and if you are this far I would throw in a rebuild kit. Did you look down in the master? Can you see the holes in the bottom? Check to make sure something has not gotten into the master and plugged off the inlet hole to the master piston.

Rocco

Yes I have pulled off the master cylinder and the air pak
and completely cleaned every part,even the bleeders.
there is nothing clogging any holes. Every thing looks good
and seems to operate well.
I might need to just get the rebuild both the master cylinder and the air pak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks