• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm105-e3

zak

I looked at the data plate on what I thought was my m105 trailer. It was marked xm105-e3. It was made by Checker in 1953. Is there a difference between them? Or is this just a earlier version of the m105?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries, just an early version. There were alot of those made by Checker Cab in 53, I've had a few.

gungearz

Just bought a 1954 xm105-e3 made by checker cab co. and the only difference I see between it and a regular m105-a2 is the landing gear (single wheel) and mine don't have a crank handle for hight adjustability.

txdodge43man

gungearz, some of the main differences between the XM and regular a2 some have the park brake handles changed to a newer style, the body may or may not have the lifting eyes on the side where the xm did not, the landing legs changed to the adjustable kind but all in all the same trailer. IM sure there are more little differences but thats the ones I could think of

Amram

The wheel hubs seem to be different as well. My newer trailer's hubs are recessed behind the face of the rim where as the 53 checkers hubs protrude through the front of the rim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks