• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm152

russcal

Hiya, y'all!

Yep, I've heard of 'em because I have one. It's basically a M43 ambulance minus the medical equipment in back. It also doesn't have the roof mounted spotlight, and is missing the surgical lamp in back. My truck probably had the bench seat like the one on evilBay. Used for a variety of administrative task, mine served locally (L.A. area, possibly Vandy) before being used by North American Aviation Rocketdyne at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory. Actual designation is: "Truck, Panel, Utility, 3/4 Ton 4 x 4 XM152".

Russ
FAA Airman
Proud son of Rose and Wes

D8dave

steve i had one the XM152 CDN is similar to the M43 ambulance except it has a 251 engine and sits taller than m43 and has 4 side windows and only 1 rear door. Only 1038 of these trucks were produced in 1954- 55 mine was 55 and revrese is not in the same place as an m 37 or m43 its up near the dash. hope this helps you PS that 1 on Ebay is not an XM152 i look at it it's an M43 don't know why he has it listed that way !! :?:

citizensoldier

It is a XM152 its not a XM152CDN.. The US did have its own produced in small numbers for uses like russscal mentions. This truck was a Pattywagon version used by the airforce. This truck belongs to a friend of mine. He restored it with his daughter and its a very nice truck.

ida34

I have seen it in person. I like it. Very nice. I don't think anyone would be sorry if they bought it.

tamangel

that auction ended..Here's the info/pic's for future reference:

ebay item #150323985331
Auction ended Feb-05-09
reserve not met w/ 27 bids/last bid $3550.00 USD
Vehicle Description
Very Rare 1953 Dodge Air Force Paddy Wagon
35,000 actual miles
Only 1 of 150 made.
Equipped with:
sealed fuel tank, working speedometer, new wiring harness (front to back), rebuilt motor with new pistons, rings and bearings, front disc brakes, lock out hubs, electric fuel pump/100 amp alternator, duel reservoir master cylinder, all new brake lines, new wood floor in rear.
Has been cared for and painted, lots of work put into it.
question asked:
"Q: Do you have a title? And what is the differnce between this and the M43?
A: Yes I have a title. The difference between this and a M43 is the whole back end of this truck is equipped with only one troop seat, no ambulance equipment was in the back of this truck. It has screens on the door windows, and the doors lock, indicating to me that this must have been a prisoner transport vehicle. Also the data plates specify that this is a XM152. When I looked this up I found that only 150 of these vehicles were made."

no connection w/ seller/info only..

other SS thread dealing w/ XM152:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=25666

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks