• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 Recovery

reamos

I'm in the process of recovering a XM211 that has been stored in a storage unit for the past 13 years. I'm new to this so any help on what needs to be checked out would be greatly appreciated. All 10 tires plus the spare seems to be brand new. The fuel tank has been replaced with a plastic one. But all and all the truck seems to be complete. Haven't had time to do much of checking it out until we can get it out of the storage unit.

View attachment 409219View attachment 409221View attachment 409222View attachment 409224View attachment 409225

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your pictures don't work.

The tires will probably be ok for now, while you check out the truck and it is not being driven on public roads. They are, from your description, at least 13 years old and you did not mention whether or not the truck was on jack stands or sitting on the tires - even worse, sitting on flat tires. Be prepared to replace them, despite their "new" looks. For the rest, we'd need a bit more info and pics!

reamos

The tires are all inflated and sitting on pavement. All I know is that it has a 1999 brake sticker on it so I would think that is the last time it was on the road . We got the storage unit for $1000 so if we can't get it running we could always part it out.
1.jpg
3.jpg2.jpg2013-01-08 12.20.07.jpg2013-01-08 12.19.31.jpg2013-01-08 12.19.54.jpg

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks complete; hardtop...nice. The guys in "The Old Deuce" forum may be better suited to help you out. It is the discerning multifuel and cat crowd here :)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a "Storage Wars" buy?

I missed a M207 CDN at an auction with no box, wrong fuel tank and beat to death that went for $1,600.00. Then I bought 3 G749's for $1,600.00 so value is in the pocket of the buyer.

Depending on transmission, it could be turned into a motor-pool parade unit.

At some point the magical moderators will move this thread into the "Early Deuce" forum and we thank them by clicking "Thank" on the bottom left corner.

When you can get some pics of the cab interior and drive train then some of the gurus can tell you how original things are.

New lights on the back, tires and cab already indicate that changes (downgrades or upgrades depending on ones perspective) have been made that are not original.

Nice find, thanks for the sampler plate pictures and post up the main course photos when you can.

Engine, trani, transfer case, shifter, dash, hard top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks