• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 battery box fixings

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The battery box is getting full treatment, with insulation, heating and Chargetek 500 maintainer.

Some parts are near impossible to find for this vehicle, so the copper tubing for heating is home made and the insulation comes from a GI polyethylene sleeping mat. :)

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's different - what exactly is the copper tubing for? Is the engine heat used to keep the batteries warm in the cold? Is it constant heat, or can the battery heater be turned on and off? Was this a stock item, or are you making "improvements"? :)

Crash_AF

Well, since he has the fuel burning heater installed, I'm betting it's like the arctic kit and the engine and battery box are plumbed into that.

Later,
Joe

ida34

Must be good weather for Bjorn. The difference between him and me is he still makes time to take pics and make posts. I always work all the way through and then say to my self "I should have taken some pics." Keep up the good work. It really looks like you have kicked it into high gear.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tubing is for heating the batteries using coolant (from the coolant heater) and the slave recepticle is stock.
Batteries actually like to be cold, they live longer in a cold climate and die fast in the desert heat. The heating is only required to provide starting power, so it's only heated for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour prior to starting the engine. The coolant heater must be off when engine is running.

This vehicle has space and "knockouts" for both a crew compartment heater and a coolant heater, both fuel burning. A "hot water" heater was never used.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks